Anxiety attacks every day?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had anxiety and panic attacks for several years. However, I've never had an anxiety attack repeatedly for days on end. I feel like I can't breathe and that gets the panic started, then I panic about having a panic attack while I'm out at an appt, driving, at work etc. This has never happened before, I usually have 1-2/month maybe. I've had to take lorazepam at least 3 times a day since Thursday to get them to stop. Should I see a doctor? I just want to feel normal! 😞

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes you should see your doctor maybe you need another medication to take with lorazepam because when i was just taking lorazepam i was not sleeping and my anxieties were really high 

Elizabeth

• Posted

Hi jessa

Yes you should go to docs, are you worried about anything at the moment? Sometimes this happens to me, I can go weeks sometimes months without having an attack, then I can have loads all in a few days. I'm like you I panic about having a panic attack, which obviously isn't good, because this is just going to make the situation worse. But it's hard to get out this mindset. I really feel for you.

Big hugs

Lisa xx

• Posted

is the lorezapam helping?
    • Posted

Yes, but find I have to take twice as much for it to be effective 😕
    • Posted

have you talked to your doctor about another medication?
  • Posted

I have anxiety everyday, and have been getting anxiety attacks nearly everyday. Sometimes everyday. I'm sorry you're struggling with this nightmare. Just remember that it's only anxiety, and the more you think about your anxiety, the longer the vicious cycle continues. You're basically, feeding the flame. I've gotten a bit better. Hang in there. And I would see a doctor, to be on the safe side. Good luck, hon.
  • Posted

Yes see a Dr. Remember meds aren't and never will be a long term solution. If anxiety persists then often therapy is needed to resolve the root problem. Medication can't resolve issues
  • Posted

Serial panic attacks...yes best to see a doctor. Not for any other reason but to shorten the duration of your suffering and give yourself a break to regain strength. Panic and anxiety symptoms can be aggravated by all sort of things and you may be having a transient surge. But the fact that you have them fairly regularly anyway and they have escalated just means you are very tired. A doctor can help you through this patch and ideally work with you to establish the best treatment plan tailored for you. Lorazepam numbs for a bit and then takes you down. The ups and downs cause more harm than good after a couple of days because your brain gears up at resting phase in anticipation for the down that it knows is coming. I suffered from severe GAD for 12 years and tried all sorts of approaches. I found that xanax (alprazolam) worked better and more evenly (if slower) during the starting stages of my therapy (having tried all sorts of diazepines beforehand) and only as temporary support until the main medication kicks in. If you go down that road that is. Good luck and hope you feel better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.