Anxiety attacks- extreme

Posted , 5 users are following.

so I suffer with anxiety attacks, they are so bad to the point where I feel numb, extremely numb, the only thing helping me is where I either scratch or bite myself so that I can have a sense of power. My heart pounds, it doesn't stop. I come over all got too. I can't cope anymore, I feel like I'm going to die. I'm 17 years old and I cannot cope any longer, I've tried so much, I'm on medication I attend counselling. I can't keep feeling like this, I honestly feel like I'm not myself, im in a dream. I don't want to die, I need this feeling to stop !!!! Please!!!!! 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey i know its really hard...i have the same and i feel like it will never go away too....but u just have to be strong hun...do u feel numb without being anxious sometimes...i have that but i have to keep telling myself im not guna let this stupid anxiety mess my life up. .try n be positive sweety...xx
    • Posted

I just feel like it's not getting better at all, and yeah I get it a lot of the time even when I'm not anxious. I'm trying to be strong, but it's just so hard, I literally am so scared it's unreal- and it's really affecting me to the point I'm missing school- and I can't go out! Thank you xxx
  • Posted

please talk to your parents, grandparents, friends or their parents, doctor! you can get help! you need some coping mechanisms to help you handle your stress. please don't self-harm yourself. you deserve better than that! scream at something, punch a pillow, put your hands in ice water, sprint up a hill, do something that puts your senses to work in a more positive way to feel you have "control" back. anxiety won't go away on its own. but there are ways to deal with it. i hope you get some help and find a way to deal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.