Anxiety attacks have been affecting my everyday life and job.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Lately i often feel that my heart's going to stop. I cant sleep well at night and often woke up terrified in the middle of the sleep as if my breathing and heart's gonna stop. I have not been working since October as i cant focus on my work and i cannot sleep early and wake up feeling lethargic. This lately i keep on feeling that my heart is going to stop any time and soon after my blood pressure will increase and heart will start beating fast. Only my sister understood how i felt. My husband will just ignore and take it as if nothing happens. Im often left alone at home as he is working shift.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I understand how you feel. I too suffer anxiety and can relate to your symptoms.

I recommended that you go see your doctor and maybe try some CBT to calm the anxiety.

Good luck

• Posted

Cognative Behavioural Therapy

You talk with a professional in mental health to try to manage your symtoms better..

• Posted

I really recommend you to go to a therapist. I'm sure they can help you.

But also, I recommend reading a book about your condition. I suffered from a season of panic attacks and I have read a book that talks about how to get rid of them. It helped so much because it gave me hope every day while teaching me a little bit about how to stop them.

I recommend looking up a book on worry or anxiety. I've been going to therapy and also taking meds. But out of all that, reading about my condition helped me the most.

• Posted

I have tried downloading apps to help me relax and sleep. It does help a little but time to time it still happens again. Am i going crazy? Is anxiety a mental illness?
  • Posted

Do you drink caffeine? If so you may want to stop.
    • Posted

No. Since i realised caffeine makes it worse i have totally stopped all tea and coffee intake. Cut down on carbonated drinks too.
    • Posted

Cool. Yeah you have to watch fizzy drinks as even the diet ones are as bad as coffee.
    • Posted

No i don't. I have not been drinking coffee or any caffeinated drinks so more than a year now.

• Posted

Hi lizzie

I totally understand your feelings as I my self get the thoughts and feelings that my heart is going to stop all the time and also stopped me from working for over 2 months..

It's a horrible feeling and symptom of anxiety.. while having this symptom iv had numerous ecg's and blood work done and all come back normal..

I also have stomach problems which causes weird pains and sensations in my chest that makes it worse.

I have to keep telling myself that everything is ok with my health and my heart won't stop but it's a struggle everyday to get on with things..

You are not alone with this

Shane

• Posted

I feel your pain. This week has been awful for me. To the point of calling off yesterday and today. I just can't think of leaving my house, and sitting all day at work. Sadly I have no choice, so tomorrow I have to go in. I'm a single mom with a daughter in college and have no back up. So tomorrow....ugh...I want no bills and no worries. Luckily my "neighbor" at work has the same issues as I do so I know she'll talk me through the day. It's hard for people without major anxiety to understand how bad it can be. 

• Posted

YouTube also his meditations for panic attacks. You can search panic attacks emergency or just panic attack meditation. They will guide you through it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.