anxiety attacks or atrial fibulation attacks

Posted , 3 users are following.

New to this site. I've suffered with anxiety for as long as I can remember I'm 34 last January I developed AF which I'm now taking medication for. I also take 40mg of citalopram to help with the anxiety which as worsened since my diagnosis of AF. Only worry I have is that sometimes I can be watching TV relaxing or be a sleep when suddenly I get a hot flush like feeling rush through my body and I feel like I'm going to lose control of my bowels then my chest feels tight and my heart goes for it. It may only last a minute or less but then I'm left drain cold sweats shaking and petrified. My heart don't seem irregular so the doctors says it's anxiety attacks. As anyone else had these problems. Not had them as much since not working. But if I do excersise or do general house work etc I develop cold sweats and go cold and pale. The attacks seem to happen if I over do it. Please any help would be very appreciated

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You need to practice deep breathing and meditation. This practise has a very calming effect on the mind and will help to dissipate your panic attacks. There are books about meditation and listening to very calming music can also help. Another strategy is yoga which also concentrates on your breathe and control of your mind through various exercises. If you can attend a class in one of these approaches, you may find some much needed help in calming your mind.
  • Posted

Your welcome David. I am a retired Occupational Therapist and I hope this helps you.
  • Posted

Hi David

Get t hear tat someone else is in same boat! I'm exact same I'm 33 mine started over yr ago still haven't found reason. But ye out of blue too I get same symptoms d hot flush first followed by same bloody scarey. I've irregular heartbeat and at times it races,pounds,flutter, vibrates u name it.I've had all tests under sun done n nothing serious showing up? So ye Dr says anxiety even though i m not anxious at time of attacks? Lately it been waking me up middle of night and had got to a point its not funny no more does this happen you? Causes?? No clue maybe subconscious

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.