Anxiety attacks when I'm away from my children

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, just hoping I can get a little help with this. Every time I have to go out without my children I start shaking sweating go dizzy feels like I have an whole apple stuck in my throat that I can't swallow, I haven't really noticed it much but then I went away no children and I could hardly lift my head or talk the whole week....my hands and feet toggled the whole time and kept thinking I was going to die and my children would be left with no mum. I have 4 children 16yrs 13yrs 18months and 6 months....it's only started really happening after I had my last child....I can go out fine when they are with me but if I have to go out shopping or to meet friends with out them it happens...it happened this weekend when they went to nannas and I went to meet my friend as soon as I got there I had to sit in the toilet for nearly 20 minutes till I stopped shaking....I go back to work in a couple of months and the thought makes me feel sick....I haven't been to docs yet cause I feel stupid I was just wondering what things I could do to stop this I'd love to try yoga but it means leaving them....thanks for listening xxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Teresa

Sorry your going through a rough time.

It does sound like anxiety but I would go and get checked out at the doctors and then if it is anxiety you can take it from there dont feel stupid anxiety is an illness.

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Thank you so much....I made an appointment when I come back off holiday but cancelled it cause in my head I sounded stupid....just rang but computers are down so have to ring in half hour....the thing is now do I take kids with me or leave them with my mum cause I know if I don't take them it'll happen again xxx
    • Posted

Thats good.

I think you should leave the kids at your mums because it will just stress you even more cos your going to think it will happen again.

Ive had depression for 16 years the anxiety only started in December I now have a fear of going on buses because right at the start I had a funny turn and had to get of as I though I was going to pass out.

Thats now stuck on my head Im receiving CBT to help me cope with anxiety/panic

Its basically a switch in your brain that is broken and its telling you your in danger when your not.

Good Luck to you let me know how you get on.

Take care x

• Posted

Thank you got an appointment on Friday 20thso hopefully will get this sorted xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.