Anxiety back

Posted , 3 users are following.

I think my anxiety is back but at the same time I am afraid of having a disease and that I may die.I was feeling very good and I was feeling myself again.It all began with a pain in my leg and I could not breathe and sleep.I was at the hospital and they say it is only anxiety but I have chest pain all the time and I am afraid of having smth.I have also pain in my back. I have had before pain chest but not for so long time and so hard.Has anyone experienced a think like this.Is that only anxiety?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

anxiety can and does take its toll on the body, especially if you have health focused anxiety - as soon as you feel something physical, that becomes your focus and it just builds from there. i suspect if you deal with your anxiety then the physical issues will stop
    • Posted

Thanks for answering.Yes I am always afraid of having sth bad and this time I am obsessed with pulmonary embolism. The other time I was thinking I will have a heart attack and I was very worried but when I did the examination then I felt better but this time I am too worried and I don't know why
    • Posted

Yes that's just what health anxiety does,makes us focus out anxiety on the body and illness, theres no rhyme or reason to it at all
  • Posted

This sounds like health anxiety, which I also struggle with.  I have similar pains and it sucks, but you can get through it. Do not let it take over your life. If you need anything, post in this forum or feel free to send me a PM.
    • Posted

Thanks so much for answering and for your support. I don't know why I am feeling so bad.this pain in my chest don't go away and I am thinking I have sth there may be a tromb and I will have pulmonary embolism,I don't know this pain would not go away and I feel so helpless.What about you,do you have the pain all the time?
    • Posted

Not all the time, but very often. It sucks, but it fades away enentually. 
    • Posted

eventually*
  • Posted

Do you think maybe you have reflux? Try this as a trial for yourself. Go buy some pepcid ac and follow the instructions on the box. Try for two weeks. Sleep with your head propped up a bit and stay away from spicy foods, caffiene, alcohol, sodas and raw veggies for the same two weeks. See how you feel.reflux causes chest aches, fullness, odd feelings and its extremly manageable. Stress definetly causes belly issues so reflux or GERD is no surprise. Pain in the upper back would be a part of the reflux as well. Trapped gas and the whole digestive thing. Cant hurt to try and if it works you have your answer. The leg pain would have nothing to do with the belly though. they have simple sonograms to check for embolisms. without a doubt a hospital would recognize if there was an issue worth investigating.
    • Posted

Thanks so much for answering Lisa.I will try this,hope is just this problem.Yes I ask also for D-dimere and they do me this analise and was negative but I don't know why I can't calm my self down

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.