Anxiety back with but worst then I thought possible.

Posted , 5 users are following.

hey people. i used to post in here many many years ago. but the last couple of months have been hell. im male, 30 year old healthy, fit (well just about) years prior to this date i was suffering with chronic anxiety that stemmed from ptsd working in the emergency services, followed by depression anyway i had all the tablets and potions you all know about and 2 years of therapy treatments and so on. but this time i am on no medication anymore for anxiety or depression and oh my the anxiety and stress is crippling again its ruining my life, not so much the anxiety but the physical symptoms, chest pains, light headed, tensed jaws teeth grinding, constantly feeling that cloud of doom, brain zaps panic attacks when sleeping. blah blah blah. i dont really know what im typing or asking, but i just want to know if anyone has had chronic anxiety whilst on meds and then managed to get sorted and off meds but dealing with all this again off meds is wrecking my life. i guess the reason i post here is the fact that i tell no one about my issues and talking to people who dont actually understand is such a bad thing to do so here i am reaching out to people i know will and do understand.

thanks

j

3 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm on a low dose antidepressant which has helped me a lot with insomnia but not so much with the anxiety. It is a bit better that it was, bit still there as physical symptoms 100%

Have you tried changing to different meds?

• Posted

Hi,

I am sorry for you and for me in the same time. I have anxiety and depression and, and guess what....panic attacks. I have been suffering from these two diseases for about 40 years, with moments of remission. Now I'm on the 4th episode, which seems to be worse than all the others. Fear of death, fear of heart attack, fear of stroke, tachycardia, high blood pressure, tinnitus, adrenaline, etc, etc.... Now I am 65 years old and my advice is to continue looking for specialized help, you will not succeed alone, I tried and I didn't succeed. A month ago I went back on antidepressants and still have anxiety and panic attacks. I hope slowly, slowly to get rid of these symptoms. And really only those who have these diseases will believe you. The forum is very good, it relaxes but it cannot heal....unfortunately. I wish you health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.