Anxiety bad again!!’n

Posted , 6 users are following.

anxiety back again !! on 60 mgs prozac , increased last year been on them about 30 years , do you think they no longer work ? advice please xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I’d say no, the meds don’t stop working.

Check your medicine packet - is it a different brand, as people often find this makes a huge difference to their well being? Also check the PL (Product Licence) on the side of the packet because if the same as the last packet then they’re the same ingredients. Sometimes different manufacturers use difference ingredients to the inactive part (the shell) though the active ingredients should be the same. This can make a difference for some people.

Also have you been under a lot of stress lately? This is the main cause of anxiety and once anxiety spikes you panic at the first sign of anxiety which starts of a chain reaction. If its stress, then slow your life down - everything, from walking, driving, taks, home, work ……… and get lots of sleep. Stress and anxiety is your body telling you you’ve overdone things and it wants a rest.

• Posted

Of course they dont work. I stopped completely and I feel great with no stress no anxiety. This society now in these days wants us to rely on medicine (to make $$$) at the end of the day its up to us to really stay calm. I've heard from so many people that being on prozac they still get stressed and their anxiety gets worst.

• Posted

SSRI's aren’t for everyone, but for the majority of people they’re a lifeline. I suffered for 16 years and within 6 months of starting SSRI’s I’d recovered. They gave me the help when I needed it most. No other medicine I took for anxiety did that. To say these don't work is a complete fallacy - and its usually because they're either taken incorrectly or you haven't found 'the' dose or type of SSRI personally for you.

Society doesn’t want us to rely on pills - medical professionals offer something to help just as they did Penicillin was discovered. SSRI's have made a significant difference to people's physical and mental wellbeing.

I never understand people’s reluctance or fear of stigma when taking anti-depressants. People take medicine for all sorts of ailments to help them with illnesses, conditions and pain, so what’s the difference in having help from anti-depressants? Its medicine just the same as any other. They’re there to help people just as medicine helps people with elipepsy, heart conditions, diabetes, a headache.

Thank god for today’s modern advances.

• Posted

I did take celexa for 10 years and it did lose it's effect. They call it a poop out lol. It can happen unfortunately. I had to do a cross taper from celexa to prozac.

• Posted

hi iwas on prozac for 15 years on and off and it kept me stable for about 5 years then i went down and lithium was added [mood stablizer] i was fine till a year ago then i put on a lot of weight they first took me off prozac tried me on other ssris but they didnt work because of side effects.i decided to wean my self off all including lithium over a few months coming off them was awful tried a nutrionist had tests done privately was very deficientin my brain she put me on loads of suppliments to bring me back up plus a diet of vegatables and protiens unfortunately it hasnt worked has anybody tried this method and had any success ive gone so low im back on 40mg prozac was on 20mg for 3wks and just over i week on the 40mg had a couple of bit betterdays out of a month hope it increases soon but still dont feel im coping also feel anxious in case it doesnt work.but the good news is ive lost the 2 stone i put on but this time ive lost my appetite dont remember that before.any help would be appreciated.thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.