Anxiety because of eyes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I went to get my eyelashes done for the first time in December. In the end of January I decided to take them off because my eyes were starting to bother me. They became itchy and my eyes were turning red. I bought liquid lash remover and they came off. The liquid did get into my eyes and since then I been having eye problems. I read reviews for the lash remover and some reviews said it takes off nail polish remover. I've been to two Optometrist and 2 Opthamologists. Two said I have environmental allergies and the other two never mentioned them at all. One Optometrist said I have flakes on my eyelashes. She never said blepharitis though. I woke up one day to a swollen right eyelid. They get itchy sometimes and I try not to rub them too hard otherwise I get blurry vision. My right eye has been blurry for about a month and a half. They all said I should use lubrication drops. The Opthamologist said it takes the eye long to recover. Not sure how true that is. They all said I have good eyes. I'm not sure if I believe that. Doctors tend to say nothing is wrong when they can't find out what the problem is.

I've been having anxiety issues over this and this literally consumes my life. I've been having floaters, flashes of light and sometimes double vision. I'm scared that I'll go blind. I'm not sure because of my anxiety and panic attacks that I'm seeing everything now. I cry because this has taken a toll on me.

Has anyone experienced this and everything was okay? I would like to know because I'm having anxiety over this. Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I just feel the eyelash remover is not important. May have been an irritant to your eyes but maybe you have blepharitis. Sounds familiar to me as I used to have it a lot. If you try washing your eyes with warm water and Johnson's baby shampoo every morning and night this might help. It did me. I did tend to find that I needed a cotton pad as opposed to a cotton bud and be liberal with the shampoo. It deals with the inflammation on the eyelids. A hot compress will also help to soothe them. Also visco tears will sooth your eyes so this is something you can also try. I had that for years and never lost any of my vision. I don't get it now but I have an underlying condition which is well under control now. Best of luck with it. 

• Posted

Thank you Margaret22116 for responding. Did you have any floaters, flashes or double vision?
    • Posted

Yes I do still get all those but I also had a bad migraine syndrome related to auto immune disease I have. I don't get the migraine any more as currently in a kind of remission. But still have floaters and double vision. No blepharitis these days either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.