Anxiety bladder

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I'm new to this site. I've had health anxiety for around 3 years now. I'm just wondering does anyone get bladder fullness and irritation? I'm 31 and am hesitant to visit my GP in fear of them telling me I have prostate cancer. I have convinced myself now this isn't anxiety is something serious. So am stuck in a vicious circle of symptoms and overthinking now. Any advice?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

Nathan there is absolutely nothing worse than being stuck in fearful thoughts that are swirling around. The author of this audiobook I am listening to calls it the tornado of confusion.

Another thing that he says is but you have to separate emotional reasoning from the facts. emotional reasoning which is when people keep saying what if,? what if ?what if this? what if that?

that type of thinking is not based on fact. it’s only based on pure feelings and emotions. you Have to look at the facts..

the fact is that you are young and the odds are practically nothing that you would have prostate cancer.

another fact is that you are jumping to worst case scenario when there is a 99.9% chance there are non serious things that are causing you to have your issue.

Fact is that your issue may be caused by your health anxiety. It may also be caused by a urinary track infection which is easily diagnosed and treated. So you have to ask yourself. Would it serve for me to sit around and worry and go in circles in my mind thinking about this over and over and over again?I can tell you that I have been there. I have had so many of those tornado of confusion episodes and that in itself was more torturous to me than actually going to the doctor and finding out what’s going on.

and like I said, you have a 99.9% chance that everything is going to be fine! The doctor may not even find anything. So my advice to you would be just go and find out and then it’s done! it’s such a relief! It takes such a huge burden off your mind! Take care.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. it has genuinely eased my fear and symptoms have definitely eased since I have spoken about it. still haven't made it to a doctor yet due to covid restrictions but am feeling much more at ease.

Thanks again

• Edited

Hello. Do you ever get these random aches and pains due to your anxiety?

I've been having those for the past two weeks and I wonder if it's just my anxiety acting up.

• Posted

Yes I've had both jaw and back ache due to anxiety. It's due to muscle tension and then you procrastinate on the ache making it feel worse than what it is. completely normal to have aches and pains due to anxiety

• Posted

Yes I've had stiffness and aching in my quads and all sorts of headaches ranging from tension headaches to ice pick headaches

• Posted

I have leg cramps and knee pains almost everyday. Some days the aches get to me and I think I need to go to the doctor. Its terrible living like this.

• Posted

i definitely go to the bathroom a lot more when feeling anxious. It is definitely normal. Its very annoying as well.

• Posted

The worst thing would be to not get it looked at for you. I havevthe same issue in fact I wascat the dr today, had a meltdown from anxiety in their office. However it all worked out for now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.