Anxiety body jolts/zaps

Posted , 13 users are following.

Good evening,

I've suffered from what i think panic attacks for about 6 months. I am dizzy/unbalanced 24/7. What really scares me is that I've developed these intense body jolts like if my body is being shocked. Now they last about 1 second but they really scare me because I think it will escalate to seizure. I've never experienced seizures nor am epileptic. My question is if those are symptoms of anxiety or something else? I've had 2 blood tests and doctor says nothing is wrong with me. He even thinks it's borderline panic disorder. Please advise.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Edited

Hi Adrian, I've experience similar symptoms, although mine are mostly feeling as though I've got some sort of current running through me all the time, vibrations from inside.. I've had the jolts as well seems to be when I'm relaxed and trying to fall asleep and it shocks me awake, do you get it all over or in certain areas?

• Posted

Good morning,

I know getting them asleep or while falling asleep is normal. Mine occurred while I was at work sittting down. My body jerked and I began to panic.

• Posted

These symptoms are common with anxiety. Your body becomes so over sensitive that it feels all weird and scary symptoms.

They can not harm you.

You need to get your anxiety levels down and eventually the physical symptoms will subside.

Have you tried any coping tools. Meditations, affirmations, mantra's etc.

Also discuss with your Doctor about CBT or somethng similar this could be helpful for your panic episodes. 

Understanding exactly what is going on with your body and mind helps on the road to recovery xx

• Posted

Hello Adrian

It sounds like Anxiety, Has your Doctor advised any help for your Panic Attacks

BOB

• Posted

Hi,

He recommended a MRI/ Cat scan to put my mind at ease. Also he referred me to a councelor. Is dizzyness/ unbalance 24/7 also anxiety symptoms??

• Posted

Yes sometimes you may suffer dizzyness etc.

The above scans are there to confirm you are ok and you need to accept their results when given

BOB

• Posted

Adrian

If you are given scans you need to accept the results

CBT will help give coping exercises

Try Relaxation Techniques, Mindfulness and Breathing Techniques.

An explanation for above can be found in Related Information

BOB

• Posted

Hi Adrain

rest ashore that if you are suffering from panic or anxiety disorder your brain can play some tricks on you. I suffer from anxiety and used to feel off balance, dizzy, fast heart and skip beats. Which I turn scares you to death and makes the symptoms worse. At night while trying to go to sleep I would get what feels like head zaps. Electric shock feeling in my head and jolt my body. Terrifying. I got treatment for my panic attacks. My dr put me on a tablet called Tofranil. No more panic attacks no more jolts no more worries. Took about 10 days to fully work but glad I have them. Hope this helps. I know when these strange things start happening we think the worse. I m having a stroke, a heart attack, I have a brain tumour! You don't it's a panic attack. Hope this helped you.??

• Edited

Anxiety Symptoms (including Anxiety Attacks, Disorder, and Panic Signs and Symptoms)

Over 100 anxiety symptoms and signs for anxiety, anxiety attacks (panic attacks), and other anxiety disorders including the following anxiety symptoms: 

Numbness and tingling 

Dizziness 

Chest pain 

Headaches 

Neck tension 

Stomach upset, nervous stomach 

Pulsing in the ear 

Burning skin 

Fear of impending doom 

Nausea 

Shortness of breath 

Electric shock feeling 

Shooting pains in the face 

Heart palpitations 

Weakness in legs 

Feeling like you are going crazy 

Inability to rest 

Sleep problems

i copiased that.he jos/eleecricity made the top of the list.

• Edited

Hi,

Ive been having similiar symptoms as well ever since covid started. I have brain fog, eye floaters, vision is off, electric shock throughout the day in random parts of the body and jolts when I resting. it almost feels like a zap from the brain and into the body. Its so scary. It makes me depressed. I also have burning and squeezing sensations in the head and neck/head pains. Im so worried. I will be going to a neurologist in Jan.

• Posted

Hello biana, your symptoms pretty much are matching mine, I'm really interested on how have you been since then, it's been close to a year.

The burning sensation in my head, scalp, face and ears along with my arms are just driving me insane, it's been going on for 2 weeks relentless.

I'm 5 days into Imipramine, better anxiety management, I feel numb and foggy, but this burning sensation isn't going.

What did the neurologist say? I hope you're fine, I'm also worried this is some neurological damage. I hope you see my message and reply as I'm going nuts.

• Posted

yup i know the feeling. i've gotten so stiff it's hard to move. i'm fine if i'm very focused though.

• Posted

I definitely feel your pain. For years when I was first diagnosed with panic disorder and panic attacks these were very frequent until I got my disorder under control. I went on medications and slowly these began to stop. They can be very scary but just remember that you are not alone in these feelings and they are normal with this disorder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.