Anxiety cause acid reflux ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had bad pressure in my chest that caused me to gag And to burp and I ate two tums which helped I was stressing earlier about throwing up I hate doing that ugh since I got sick a few nights ago I ate cereal a while ago and got bad heart burn JUST CEREAL REALLY ???

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yeah i get like that to gotta watch what you eat i used to eat everything now i can't because it might trigger this dumb anxiety im going to the behavioral mental health clinic to talk to someone because i can't take this no more
    • Posted

It's horrible I hate it so much rolleyes I'm sorry how are u feeling right now like what's wrong ?
    • Posted

Im glad at least your okay well im doing a little better my head still feels weird like lightheadedness just feels weird so im kinda freaking out but are you okay ? Hows your anxiety?
    • Posted

I feel nauseous right now food makes me sick right now ugh I hate this so much I don't know what's wrong with me sad ever since I almost choked on a stupid burrito with jalapeños the other night I've felt sick it's horrible I hate puking so now my anxiety is high and I'm praying I don't get sick
    • Posted

Yeah that sucks i was sick this morning my stomach was hurting and i went to bed at 11 last night but woke up at 3:40 and stayed up i don't get much sleep any way i just hope you feel better
    • Posted

Thanks are you sleeping better now ? My sleep is not good at all 😞😞😞
  • Posted

I get the heart burn too. I just have to watch what i eat. I can't eat bananas because it raises my heart rate, I can not eat chocolate it goes right through me i can eat anything that has dairy in it because it causes hemmrrhoids in me, i can not eat tomatoes or anything with that is acid like oragenges because my heart burn will act up and so will my stomach i can not eat fried foods because of stomah issues 

I just have to eat bland foods like chicken, fish, crackers, bread, carrots, greanbeans, celery but it has to be cooked potatos i can eat and rice too. 

Then there are times i can't even look at food because of stomach issues 

Elezabeth 

• Posted

Me too ! Even the thought of food makes me sick it's horrible I hate it I have to keep busy and not focus on if
  • Posted

i got this too...the doctor gave me meds to slow down the production of acid in my stomach...coz it hurts so much especially when i'm laying down...
  • Posted

I have been having a lot of this since got anxiety. I burp all the time feel bloated get bad chest pains and I gag a lot after meals. I was given medication but isn't working
    • Posted

Me to i get so much pain aswell in my chest arm stomach also my neck and jaw it's so worrying
  • Posted

Funnily enough if cereal is the first thing I eat in the morning I often get reflux. Think it's something to do with the milk, if you have excess stomach acid milk can actually aggravate it, and not neutralise it like some people seem to think.
    • Posted

I used to think milk would help but I know tums help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.