Anxiety causing major jealousy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys!

So I usually suffer from stress and anxiety, due to a real lack of self esteem.

My boyfriend has started working with a girl which he gets on with, which is fine because I trust him 100%, we have been together for 2 amazing years.

However, I've been out with them all together and this girl seems very flirty and loud with the guys and the dress she was wearing pretty much showed everything..

My boyfriend tells me stories about jokes they have and from seeing what she's like I can't help but get crazy jealous that he'll fall in love with her and not want me anymore.. As she is very self confident and I'm not.

He tells me all the time he loves me and I have nothing to worry scout but it's getting to the point where he feels like I don't trust him.. And that's not the case.

If anyone can help with anxiety relief or a way to improve on jealousy and self esteem I would very much appreciate it!

Thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don't think you need to worry. Unless she's made direct moves towards your bf, then that would be different.

It's normal to feel worried and insecure, I go through that too.

But believe your bf loves you. Too much doubt can ruin the relationship.

Be confident in that you are a good person, beautiful and loyal.

• Posted

Rebecca

Your boyfriend has been with you for two years and you seem to trust eachother.

This Women is at work with your man and possibly this person is not his type, she may be a teeze.

You are more down to earth and He will most probably feel He would not hurt you. Try and give space, if you keep going on you may have problems. Try and keep your trust.

BOB

• Posted

Hey 17o male, i was in a relationship starting st the age of 10, up until 16, i was completely serious about the relationship and at 16 and a half i was planning on getting engaged to her, she had a friend that she 'worked with' and that her mom really liked, to make it short, i trusted her with him, she would always tell me stuff about him and the jokes they made, almost as if i was a friend and he was a guy she likes and she couldn't get her mind off of him, i started getting really worried about it, (i had been asked by her to give up girls that were friends with me before because she got worried, so i asked the same of her, it was almost a instant no, and the next day we broke up and it turns out she was already dating him, i am only 17 years old, but i feel as though i can give you some decent advice, you could try and ask him questions, tell him you're a little insecure about her, and the whole 'you have nothing to worry about' no.. because you do have something to worry about, he needs to listen, and if he cares about you, you shouldn't be scared to ask him to drop anyone, friendships aren't ment to be forever and you don't take vowels for it, as for relationships, you don't either unless you're engaged or married but it leads to something more serious then friendship, talk to him about it and make SURE he knows exactly how you feel

• Posted

I also have to completely disagree with what you were told to do, yes trusting your partner is a GREAT thing, but like anything else, trust should have its boundries, if you sit back and try and make yourself feel better by saying he loves you, what are you getting out of the relationship by constantly worrying? Your relationship could eventually end based off of you not saying anything, because people do very dumb things when anxiety and depression and jealousy are involved, so tell him, don't let it go on or when you feel the need to tell him, you'll have been so fed up with it that you go off on him haha

• Posted

Are you doing anything to work on ur self esteem like counselling, group therapy or reading up? Because the last thing you'll want in a worst case scenario is that feeling that he picked her over u because of her 'apparent' confidence.

It doesn't sound like she is so confident btw. Dressing up as she does in front of her many male friends. I'm not saying that's bad just that confidence comes in many forms.

• Posted

Thank you fir All your replies!

I am not getting any therapy or counselling, but I do try and write a diary of how I'm feeling and about the positives I have with myself.

I am now in the mind set of thinking, he's very lucky to have me and he's always said he wouldn't do anything that he wouldn't want me to do. And as my boyfriend of 2 years and best friend of 6 years I have to trust him.

Thank you for your help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.