Anxiety causing palpatations and heavy chest

Posted , 10 users are following.

so sick of my health anxiety heavy chest palpitations dry mouth off balance dizzy, panic at the least little thing, had lots of tests all normal, so frightened, anyone else feel the way i do would be good to know

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Edited

yes millions of people have those sensations . its caused by the adrenaline that is released and not harmful. ive had them on and off for years but they dont concern me. they are annoying.

it helps to learn how to breathe with this . it will lower your heart rate. you tube has breathing meditations.

when we get upset the symptoms increase.

relax your mind as much as u can.

talk to your doctor if its really bad.

get counseling if u can.❤

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, i have had counselling and test after test which all come back normal just sick of struggling with this awful illness, hope your doing ok. x

• Posted

Hi Millie. I do understand! I am the same and have terrible health anxiety and get all the same symptoms as you. I am not like that all the time but once im triggered its a never ending cycle. Just recently got over a bout of anxiety. I was diagnosed was Gerd and it was causing me alot of problems. My heart rate was racing the anxiety set in and I kept thinking it was my heart. After suffering for a week like that i went and saw my doc who did an ekg and they did an echo. I'm waiting on results of echo but its been 3 weeks an ekg and blood pressure were normal. I felt much better after being checked my anxiety subsided. I'm still an anxious person but can usually deal especially around my menstrual cycle I'm 44 and in perimenopause. I just wanted you to know I do understand. And its very scary at times. I've downloaded the calm app and that helps. I hope this gives you some peace of mind. If you ever need to chat Im here.

• Posted

Thank you, for your reply, anxiety is just so awful no matter how hard i try just cant get rid of it, hope your doing ok. x

• Posted

hello so sorry i know how you feel. i think im having a heart attack almost daily. !but doctor says im

fine. its just my anxiety

• Posted

oh bless you i know i have that every day so scary, no matter how much we convince ourselves, anxiety always wins, going to start some cbt see if that helps, hope your ok today. x

• Posted

hi millie I too have these symptons and also insomnia.. its scary but it will pass and get easier to cope with. im on venlafex which helps a bit

• Posted

oh bless you thank you for your reply so horrible that we are all struggling like this i hope one day there will be some light at the end of the tunnel for all of us, take care. x

• Edited

hi millie, i wanted to let you know you are not alone. my chest randomly "flutters" whenever i'm anxious, it feels like a bubbling and it's so scary because it almost feels like i forget to breathe for a moment. we had a big earthquake here last yr, and i felt off-balance for months before it finally subsided a few months back. worst ever. please take care

• Edited

oh bless you, hope you are doing ok, thank you for your reply. x

• Edited

Hi - I'm in the same boat. You're definitely not alone. The dizziness really sucks, but the weirdest thing is that I found that stretching out my neck and shoulders helps.

• Edited

Hi thank you for your reply, hope your ok, ill give that a go see if it helps. x

• Edited

i am on the same boat... dizzy foggy....have to grab phone or something and quickly redirect my thoughts....its frustrating...

i am a strong male in late 30' so when i go to gp or ended up in ED they all underestimate my situation and sent me home.... because i am strong in size doesnt mean i can withstand everything....

i am so bad that i cant even go to work at the moment....off for a week...as the dizzy spells and fear is consuming me....

• Edited

I hear you. I have been told similar stuff, and it doesn't help at all. Sorry for not being invulnerable, I guess? The dizziness for me has gotten better with chiro and stretching. Also anxiety can cause the dizziness - I think that's going on with me b/c anxiety leads to tension (esp in neck/shoulders). Hang in there!

• Edited

went to physio....went to acupuncturist....

physio said i need therapy mental....as there is nothing wrong with me...

acupuncturist said i am burned out....

so there it is... it must be anxiety... its awful...but i hope i will get over it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.