Anxiety causing pins and needles?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So around 41/2 years ago I was diagnosed with anxiety after the birth of my son. All controlled by my medication! Last month the attacked started again and very severely. I've been going through a lot lately, problems with neighbours, changing my son schools and a family death! I was also diagnosed with high bp last month! But in the last 24 hours I've had pins and needles/tingling on my left hand side on and off!

D

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Does anyone know if this is common with anxiety?
    • Posted

If you have high BP definitely run this by your doctor - but yes, in my experience: anxiety can definitely definitely cause pins and needles. I had an attack of it that lasted on and off for a few days
    • Posted

Throughout the pins and needles my blood pressure has been normal maybe a little low too at times! rolleyes I was deathly worried I was having a stroke! I felt and still feel very anxious about it!

• Posted

I get the same sometimes in arms sometimes it manifests in my face. I take my blood pressure and its usually low which scares me because sometimes it dips too low.
    • Posted

Mines been verging around 110/77- 112/76 so very low for me as I was diagnosed high with 151/110 when the panic attacks started to get worse!!! I just get really anxious that I'm going to get ill, have a stroke, heart attack etc!!! Little health anxiety going on! rolleyes

• Posted

My BP can be low sometimes but as long as it is okay when you get it checked I wouldn't worry smile high blood pressure is more likely to cause pins and needles and a higher blood pressure reading can be caused by anxiety.

If your BP was at the lower end of optimum I really wouldn't worry. It will change throughout the day for all manner of reasons.

• Posted

It does sound like some Anxiety there, that needs to be addressed although you haveother problems that could be depression.

Talk to your GP, make a list before you go so you ar able to explain your concerns and health

Good Luck

Bob

• Posted

This is normal with anxiety! Do not worry you are fine smile the less you worry and overthink, the better you will feel and sooner this sensation willl pass. Anxiety can cause numbness, burning sensations, pain- ITS INSANE what the mind can do! If going to the doctor will help you feel better then do it but I personally think you have nothing to worry about! Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.