Anxiety Causing Stomach Aches

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any of you here have experienced stomach probloms correlating with panic attacks and anxiety episodes?

If so, how do you all manage to handle them?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Omg all of the time! Ginger is good. I eat ginger chews. Ginger tea helps too. Anxiety can be hard on the digestive system!
    • Posted

It really is hard on the digestive track. XD I usually avoid eating before going out because of it.
  • Posted

I can relate to this. I get bad stomachaches sometimes. Usually I just use the bathroom or do breathing exercises. It helps.
  • Posted

Yes.

Frequently. Partly handled by medication (as part of it is link to an illness I have and part is anxiety) ans the other part i handle by trying to controll my anxiety. The higher my anxiety is the more frequently I suffer with stomach problems so I just do all the techniques I know of to stay as calm as possible.

• Posted

The stomach problems are part of the anxiety issue, it's part of the body's 'fight or flight' responses. The body shuts down the stomach to reserve energy and divert blood to more essential organs.

I know this doesn't help you deal with it per we but I think sometimes it helps to know why something is happening ?

• Posted

That is very interesting... I never knew it worked like that.
  • Posted

Yes I have major stomach issues and digestive problems as well. Haven't really learmed how to manage them yet.

• Posted

I take 25-50mg of Quetiapine during the day and it helps calm my anxiety, which in turns calms my stomach so I can eat and not have stomach pain/nausea from the anxiety. It's cheap and hasn't had any weird side effects on me so far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.