Anxiety/Depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone get that awful knotted and tense feeling in the upper stomach? How do you deal with it? My doctor gave me propranolol but that's another tablet to take

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Iris! Yup i often have that feeling, and it is so uncomfortable. Makes me hard to breathe. What i usually do is drink tea, then massage the upper stomach area. After a few minutes, and a few burps (sorry), i feel better.
  • Posted

Btw, you mentioned propranolol. That's taken if you are having palpitations. I was prescribed that medicine too, but was not able to take any of the 10 pcs given to me. I i hate taking meds! It just comforts me knowing that i have meds in my pouch just in case i feel i can't hold myself any longer.

• Posted

It's for anxiety too. I took some at 2pm,,,,,,, knot has gone, but now in tears

• Posted

Yup...palpitations due to anxiety attacks. I'm afraid of the side effects it may bring...that's another reason i just kept my tablets in my pouch.

Good to hear it does you wonders! But...why in tears now? Cheer up, dear. I know how it feels to be in this kind of ordeal...it's never fun.

• Posted

I get that all the time, it is awful. Feels lIke a belt tightening and that my bra is way too tight etc
  • Posted

Well, I've been on an increased dose of Sertraline for 12 weeks now. During that time I've had four teeth out, an MRI scan diagnosed 2 mini strokes (told not to worry) had chest infection and 7 weeks of labyrinthitis. Do you think the Sertraline has had a chance to work or should I give it a bit longer?

• Posted

Setraline is probably working BUT your body has just been through a lot! Your tension is situational. Anxiety worsens with illness and with antibiotics for some. If no improvement in about a couple of weeks discuss with your doctor. Indeed don't worry about mini strokes. My grandmother had series of them all her life. No issues. She lived to be 87. Died of unrelated cause. For stomach, small frequent meals (every 3 hrs), food that is easy to digest. No alcohol, spicy food or irritants. Until it subsides which it should once you even out with setraline or another medication. You are very stressed so when propanolol calmed you you released tension. Good. Sending warmest wishes.

• Posted

Club soda works for me....big burps. Sometimes it happens after I gulp food instead of chewing well, and eating slowly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.