Anxiety & Depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else feel like they have butterflies in there tummy all the time, unable to settle, fidgety?  Its such a weird feeling and not sure if this is anxiety?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yeah i have been suffering from this also but the feeling is more so in my chest than stomach
  • Posted

Oh yes, this is anxiety! What are you anxious about? I experience this quite often in the morning? It isn't a good feeling and can lead to depression! I have both and I am seeing a therapist to sort things out! Go talk to you GP before it gets to bad! You may need some meds and therapy also! Goof luck

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

I think it's called 'agitation' - where you are restless and you feel you should be doing something but you're not sure of what that is. I only started getting this feeling after I started taking Fluoxetine. Apparently it's a common side effect. I've noticed it's aggravated by too much caffeine. I made the mistake of drinking three cups of coffee and a caffeinated drink on an empty stomach one day (because I was drowsy from the meds). By the end of the day I felt like I wanted to peel my skin off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.