Anxiety, depression, and now pregnant!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello, for anyone who's been following my posts will know what's gone on, for those who don't. As I explained I lost my Mum 3 years ago, and I lost my Grandad last week, it's been a very stressful time. I'm also suffering from anxiety, and depression. Life really is hard at the minute and it seems like I'll never get out of it. I found out I'm pregnant, im not ready for a baby and neither is my boyfriend. People are telling us mixed opinions, some are saying I'll regret it if I get rid of the baby but others are saying I won't cope if I keep it. How do I know what to do for the best?! My dad found out last night and he is NOT happy, my mum didn't believe in abortions so that plays on my mind a little. Because I have bad anxiety and depression, would having a baby be the right thing to do? Whqt if I get post natal depression?! I have so many things going round in my head. Yesterday me and my boyfriend went to the abortion clinic for a scan, I seen the baby and got a copy.. My heart melted when I seen my baby.. Just asking for people's advice, this decision hasn't been taken lightly, I just really don't know what to do :-(!!!!! Any advice would be appreciated, (no hateful comments)

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You pregnant for a reason, please keep the baby and he/she will bring you so much happiness.
  • Posted

I believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe this baby is exactly what has been missing in your life and will bring you so much love, happiness and joy. Please do not abort the baby. If you decide you can't keep him/her look into adoption. There are people who can help you and there are many options other than abortion!
  • Posted

Hey Abbie,

So sorry to hear about the hard things you've had to deal with in your life. It must be really tough.

I don't think there is any mother in the world who regrets having their child. (Unless there is some other underlying reason). Having children is THE most challenging thing a person can go through, but with great challenge comes greater reward. It's really hard, really really really hard! And to be honest, I don't think there is ever a "right time" to have children because there is always something else that could be better. If you were planning a pregnancy at this time I'd say, no not now. But darling, you are pregnant already, so thus in an entirely different situation. At the end of the day, it's you and your boyfriend who have to make this decision and nobody can tell you what's right or wrong for you both. Before you make this decision I would advise you to really think about what support network you have because that is what will make all the difference if you decide to have a child. Will your father be supportive even though he is upset now? Do you think you could cope as a single parent? As horrible as this sounds, you really need to be prepared for that outcome should your boyfriend leave you. How are you set financially? Although if you live in the UK there is a lot of support in terms of benefits for single mothers, will you be okay with living like this? In terms of mental health, being on benefits is terrible for self esteem and confidence (personal experience).

These are things to think about and are very important. However, all you really need to raise a child is food, shelter, warmth, enough money for essentials and an abundance of love between you both.

I wish you all the best and I'm here if you need someone to talk to. I'm a single mum to 3 boys so I know what it's like!

Take care xx

• Posted

What lovely thoughtfull responsible response you must be a lovely mum with a great deal of insight and integrity these are very wise words bird 82 Abbie good luck I hope you make the right decision for yourself your boyfriend and your baby xxx
  • Posted

Look Abbie, I might get slated for this but, this happened to me and my girlfriend many years ago, I had/have mental probs and she anxiety and depression and she decided to keep the baby, It was all an absolute unmitigated disaster with a poor child that grew up with buggered parents that also weren't ready, that ended up splitting because it's all so wrong. Please don't get carried away on the emotion. Have a child when your mature enough and in a better place. I wish I'd had parents that could have told me all this and people be really honest, but no-one really had the guts to say, for the sake of everybody you need to not have this child. My partner of many years now is a health visitor and she strongly advises people in these situations to terminate, unless it's on religious grounds.

I respect any decision you make, look after yourself.

Take care, Matt

• Posted

Hello,

I'm 40 years old and pregnant (7 months exactly) I've been suffering from severe panic attacks for 10 plus years now and I will tell you being pregnant only made mine worse. I do take medicine for mine and have for those 10 years and I still do. I had to cut down my dose a bit but so far everything with the baby is good. I wasn't planning on becoming pregnant either but even though I'm suffering more severe panic attacks than I ever have have in my entire life I wouldn't change this for the world. It keeps to know there are other people out there that know what we are going through abd to know we don't have to suffer in silence and we dint have to suffer alone. I'll pray for you buy remember, that baby is a part of you and with your baby you will NEVER be alone. Your baby will be the love of your life and will bring you joy. no one can tell you what to do because it's your body and your decision. Just know that the decision will haunt you for the test of your life. I know grin past

• Posted

I meant to say I know from past experience.
  • Posted

Hello,

I'm 40 years old and pregnant (7 months exactly) I've been suffering from severe panic attacks for 10 plus years now and I will tell you being pregnant only made mine worse. I do take medicine for mine and have for those 10 years and I still do. I had to cut down my dose a bit but so far everything with the baby is good. I wasn't planning on becoming pregnant either but even though I'm suffering more severe panic attacks than I ever have have in my entire life I wouldn't change this for the world. It keeps to know there are other people out there that know what we are going through abd to know we don't have to suffer in silence and we dint have to suffer alone. I'll pray for you buy remember, that baby is a part of you and with your baby you will NEVER be alone. Your baby will be the love of your life and will bring you joy. no one can tell you what to do because it's your body and your decision. Just know that the decision will haunt you for the test of your life. I know grin past

• Posted

Hi Abbie. 

Just wondering what you decided and how you are  doing? 

Hope life is treating you well X 

• Posted

HI Abbie i had got pregnant at a very bad time i was having bad post natal depresion i wanted to abort my baby because i was so angry with my ex he left me when i was pregnant. so i was all ready to get rid of the baby. when i was going to my appointment to get it done my sister found out and begged me not to do it. and i also i already had a son who was 12 at the time. So thankfully i listen to her and kept the baby. he is now thirteen handsome, smartest and sweetiest son. hes dad never ever wanted anything to do with him still to this day. i think if i would of got rid of him i wouldnt be here still today. my kids our my life thats why im tring my hardest to fight this anxiety and panic and depression disorder. to so i can see my kids grow up and get married and have childern of there own.my childern are gods gift to me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.