Anxiety depression medication seregoul vs valuim

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I suffer ptsd & anxiety. I had a heart attack 15 mths ago and have become more anxious..I'm on 200mg of seroquel xr at night take 12mg ir in morning also on Prozac and valuim.the doc wants me to try and come of valuim I'm cutting back but finding it hard ..has any one been able to come of valuim using seregoul.. I' live in fear as panic attacks feel like heart attack and have been air lifted due to doctors thinking I had another heart attack but was a panic attack ..had 2 stents put in on forts air lift to snt Vincents hospital.. any information would help me ..please

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I do not know about seregoul, but I can recommend what I do know.

Because you are going to come off valium, you will be more anxious.  

I recommend taking 200mg magnesium and 200mg calcium because it is an effective and well known muscle relaxant.  It is also used to treat anxiety.

I also recommend L-Theanine.  People use it for anxiety as well.

I also recommend Vitamin B Complex because it also balances the vitamins you need for a relaxed state.

And just to make this clear, these won't be even close to Valium, but every little thing helps.  And in the long run, taking these are actually good for you and your anxiety in the long term,

• Posted

Thank you Gerard I will get my daughter to go to the Heath food shop and get them for me ..you are right every bit helps ..thank you
    • Posted

Very happy I could help.  Make sure you get Magnesium Citrate as that is the most effective for anxiety, so I've heard.  

Also, something that really helped me through my season of panic attacks were writing in a notebook.  I wrote down all my negative thoughts freely.  I wrote every day about how I felt.  Good and Bad.  And at the end of the day, I also wrote five things I'm thankful for.  Writing your emotions down really help remove them from your head so you are able to think clearer and organize your thoughts.  

Just another tip in case things get difficult.  

• Posted

I got the normal magnesium I get the one you said tomorrow.. yes I will write things down as I'm trying to find a doctor I feel comfortable with. As trust is hard for me and not feeling the doc I'm seeing is for me can't hurt to have a second opinion as I suffered a massive heart attack 15 mths ago and makes me nervous 😩 thanks again for your help

• Posted

I found that writing down a daily diary was really helpful and made interesting reading.  With my anxiety, I had lots of dizziness and it started to diminish when I started by diary.  It also showed me a pattern I was slotting into which I did not realise and I changed it.  Defo have a go.
    • Posted

Yes of course you should find the right doctor for you.  But along with that, I also recommend you take action for your anxiety right now.  

I go to therapy and I am on meds, but honestly the thing that helps me the most is when I take action myself.  You see your doctor or therapist maybe once a month, but the rest of the time just continue to do all you can to rid yourself of anxiety.  If you can get rid of your anxiety, your panic attacks with be gone without a single doubt in my mind.

I have a lot of tips I've learned about panic and I will always love to share them.  

But I highly recommend the writing in a journal.  I try my best not to skip a day because it is a great way to end the day.

• Posted

Exactly its not really the act of writing that removes panic.  It is the fact that you are actively becoming more positive therefore lessen your anxiety therefore lessed your panic.  Because after all, panic is straight up caused by anxiety, mentally, and your thoughts even though it is a very physical problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.