Anxiety/depression or physical?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for the past three months my anxiety has been pretty crazy. It's led me into a bit of depression. I am currently on Paxil 20 mg and Klonopin when needed. I still wake up every morning feeling pretty awful and wondering if it's something physical that's causing this. I've been to the doctor many times. I have had blood work done ,CT scans and chest x-rays. All have come back mostly normal.

My question Is has anyone ever been in a situation where there actually was something physical going on that you had to press for to find out? I really am having doubts this is all mental. I am really becoming a messrolleyes. I sleep so much. And feel not refreshed.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety is a debilitating illness.The physical symptoms as well as the psychological symptoms are hard to deal with.l think that is why a lot of people on this forum find it so difficult to accept that anxiety can make them feel so unwell.Health anxiety seems to the main disorder l see on here.l don't suffer from it however and fully accept that anxiety causes me to feel unwell and exhausted.

• Posted

It is a hard thing to accept that anxiety is causing the unwell and exhausted feeling.  Have tried so many things to help myself but running out of ideas.  I wonder if the diazepam is not helping too.
    • Posted

Hi Ann how long have you been on diazepam and what dose are you on if you don't mind me asking? Diazepam tolerance can lead to withdrawal symptoms which increases anxiety symptoms.l took them for sleep at 7 mgs for 10 years l don't know why I didn't think that l was having withdrawal l just thought my anxiety was getting worse.l realize now that they were having a huge impact on my mental health so l am slowly tapering off at the moment.

• Posted

Thank you for your interesting post.

Dr hasnt mentioned any of this to me but it makes sense.

i had never had a diazepam in my life till i was 62 when I had an op which didnt go all to plan.  I was put on 5mg at night and I think it should have been stopped after a while, but nomthey just kept giving it to me.  So i find myself with three years of this and i want to try tomtaper down like you i am sure half my problems are coming from it.   I am aiming to lower very gently from 5 to 4 then 3 etc over a long period. It is hellish to get off as all posts on here say.  I rarely have more than 1mg in day.  Will have to tackle that too.

do you feel any better tapering?  Any bad side effects to look out for?

i wish i had never been given the first one.

• Posted

Ann taper down half a mg and sit on that for at least 3 weeks.Ask your doctor to give you 2mg tablets and that will make it easier for you.Trust me the slower the better.l have had a bit of an anxiety increase for a while about 5 days after l taper and muscle pain but nothing l can't handle.That settles down before I taper again.The way l look at it is it has to be done so just do it and take it as it comes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.