Anxiety/Depression/Suppressed Emotions?

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI,

Wanted to know the option of you all - who have experienced such things. 

My Brother 34 year old, he had an affair with a relative's girl - it went on for few months, they loved each other, they both touched each other - no sex though, then suddenly my brother came to know the Girl was having sex/relationships simultaneously with few other men!. He was in the peaks of his academic career - during his engineering, he felt so bad about her and about him getting into all this, he suddenly stopped all contacts with her - he is a very emotional person, and he started to get feelings like he is still getting attracted to her, and everyone will know about their relationship - his parents will know - its a shame for his parents and him if they know - such kind of thoughts and feelings. He shared it with our mom, she helped him through by taking her around, diverting him from her etc... this phase went on for few months and then may be due to a job he almost forgot all this over time. He got married to another girl, whom he loves a lot - one of the better couples i have been. Post marriage, after like 2 years he out of the blue started getting same feelings again - and a fear like HE will get attracted to her, shame he will cause his family now if it happens. Everything in the room seems strange, he gets frightened - he shared it with his wife transparently - she was also surprised why now, then over few months my brother started going through those feelings - imagining the time spent with her to just forget or NOT fear those emotions - over sometime he conquered those feelings and it again went... almost around 5 years later - they came back in for 2-3 months... remained same, he did as above(start to feel those emotions and face them) ..... again 3 months back he got hit by same thing again sad and he is in the middle of such turmoil.

Do you guys think its some hidden/unsolved emotions or something else like Anxiety/ Depression - however its not seasonal etc. He has also tried speaking to that girl to challenge/face his hidden emotions...

any advice here would be of great great help.. Thank you all. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Maskedm,

i am sorry to hear about your brother i am also in the same as your brother------i am married person and have one beautiful daughter--------i have a gf and we love each other her parents and my parents know we love each other--------in my country mostly parents will decide you can not take step against them if you run away from home people think its bad and no one will marry in that kind of families---there is alot of incident happen we try till to the last --Long story short    one of my best friend and relative also love her and the parents of the girl agree and she get marry to my best friend and relative after marriage she call me and we talk then i become mad and told her that i will tell it to ur parents then communication will stop for few years then after few years i contact with her we talk to few months we meet no sex but only do kissing-----1 and half year ago i quite but till now i miss her some time even she is a mother of kid and me to have a kid but its really very to forget your ist love-------its not an anxiety its the emotion of your brother towards that lady if you love some one its really very hard to ignore him or her even you are married--------some people can ignore but as you say about your bro that he emotional so its hard for him to forget her i am sure he will struggle alot and try alot to not attract towards that lady but the heart will give a signal that this is your ist love----------its normal i think no medication no treatment will take her out from your brother heart------thats the true emotion(feelings) and love of your brother towards that lady 

Even your brother know that she has sexual relationship with others guys but his mind will not accept and still attract towards that lady-------the best thing is that you should talk to him nd remind him that you are a married person try to search your love in your wife---------------i know it didnot work but just talk to him friendly

• Posted

Thanks Haider for your time to write all your feelings out - Appreciated. Are you from India? 

Actually my brother never loved him - as per HIM - it was PURE lust that he sees it as, he doesn't love her i'm very confident about this actually. Coz his wife is 100000% times beautiful and better than this earlier girl.. and they both reallly love each other - best couple i know actually 

• Posted

oo0ops nope i am not from India------i will not get it actually if he didnot love her then why he is attracted towards that girl-----------according to you your wife is more beautiful then her i think then your brother need pschytrist doctor----------------if your brother love her for a lust then why he didnot do sex with her---------------if i give you a choice to choose  BMW 2017 model car or Suzuki maruti or swift-------------affcourse every one will choose bMw------------------------------he is making a stories actually he love that girl but telling it to u or behaving like that he love that girl for lust-------------------------any ways its complicated the girl is ugly after that u r brother is attracted towards her is really very embarssing------------------------------for lust million and billion girls are available pay and enjoy but he atttracted towards the ex gf so shocking---------thats why i am saying he need pschyctrist-----

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.