Anxiety/depression with gallbladder problems

Posted , 9 users are following.

this waiting on tests Dr appts.has given me anxiety /depression.i was wondering if anyone else has had this issue while going thru gallbladder problems.having hidascan wed.and i know when your stomach is messed up it effects you mentally and emotionally.anyone else with these issues? or am i just a one if a kind? thanks guys.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That is very normal. My husband went through the same thing while searching for answers during 10 long and stressful months. He still suffered from it afterwards due to pain from the surgery that took a long time to vanish, but thankfully it is starting to subside and he is getting happier. Hope things improve soon.

• Posted

glad he's starting to feel better.its an awful feeling.hopefully ill be feeling well. 👍

• Posted

The extreme anxiety I had was when a registrar told me she had never heard of Ursodioxycholic acid which dissolves gall stones of cholesterol type....... She rubbished my questions about that method of dissolving gall stones and was firm in that she said she was an expert in every way and knew all there is to know about gall bladders!

Her superior knew otherwise and duly prescribed Urso which worked for me because after two years I have not had any symptoms re gall stones. In that top listed surgeons words he said that the dissolution treatment suited me admirably and he also said he would prescribe another course if the symptoms returned.......

It is unforgivable that she was totally unaware of her lack of expertise.... How many patients were given the wrong advice by her and any similar doctor. Anxiety coupled of course with anger and no retribution whatsoever.

• Posted

HELLO EVERY ONE,sorry to hear about your symptoms almost 9 years ago i have a gall bladder surgery bcoz i have gall bladder polyps i was 23 year old biopsy tests result was normal since then i have gas problems and also anxiety and depression,i have visited to alot of docs since then no one can help i have tried ppi like omeprazole lanso etc etc no thing help mostly i have heaviness in my left chest heart side i have alot of tests done blood tests endoscopy colonscopy ,heart ct angiography,echos stool tests etc etc currently i m in japan to be very honest i cry some times some time i m thinking to kill my self i m tired of this life i didnot enjoy heart palpitation and fear of heart attack is killing me that is is bcoz of gas....guys exchange the numbers with each other if some one find any thing useful we will share with others guys need your help please

• Posted

sorry you are not feeling well.my surgery is this Friday.this has been a miserable 3 months.nothing feels right.my upper chest hurts too.its gas trapped in there due to the bad gallbladder.im on anxiety medicine I just shake like a leaf .I'm hoping this will go away after surgery.did you have any tests done? i know it is just such a miserable feeling but killing yourself won't help. you need to get the right Dr. and get things right.i know ill feel better once my gb comes out.let me know what goes on.you will get better.👍😊

• Posted

For me i do not eat anything i eat bothers my stomach and i will only eat once a day maybe twice and very small portions and it sucks not being able to eat almost everything so i feel you and i am getting no help from anyone.

• Posted

keep on the doctors ass! tell him ypu want a hida test.this test will definitely tell you if it is the gallbladder!! good luck

• Posted

may I suggest cannabis for nausea. I did it for me. no nausea meds that doctor gave me worked. I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings. And the moderator here. I will say no more.

• Posted

my nausea went away after surgery.but I am looking into medical M. for my anxiety.Dr. says Im a good candidate for it.hey, if it works I can get off anxiety meds.👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.