Anxiety/depressive thinking

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have tried several anti deps, none have helped the anxiety and bad ideation. goes from days of feeling failure, to agitation, to depression. no med seems to have worked, has anyone an idea whats going on as all i have been told is to change my way of thinking, its not working

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi you may be better posting this in the anxiety area as this is amplodopine which is a calcium channel blocker used for high blood pressure (I was on this but within 48 hours was back off the drug)

None the less whats actually the issue? What anti depressants you been on and have you allowed enough time for them to work (about 6 weeks, and even then you may need the dosage increased)

I myself am on zoloft/Sertraline and am about 10 weeks down, I started on 50mg and NYE was upped to 100mg. A week in and possibly a bit of nausea is setting in again but I know it is the tablet and jsut riding the wave out of hopefully anxiety hell

• Posted

People who do not understand mental illness including depression think you should snap out of it or change your way of thinking will help.The right medication with therapy helps.I take Amlodapine it causes depression, anxiety, so many things.I have ask my Dr to take me off they wont.it causes muscle cramps ,back pain.swelling in joints

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.