Anxiety disorder??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am trying to figure out if I actually have an anxiety disorder or if this is just caused by relationship issues. The only time I feel extremely anxious is when I start to communicate with my other half. I dont feel any other anxiety in my life towards my daughter, family, strangers, or daily situations. Only when it comes to communicating with him and our issues, I feel a heavy weight on my chest and I start getting worked up before we even get into a discussion. This is an anxiety disorder that I may have, or maybe just resentment and anger built up towards him that causes anxiety??? Anyone have any opinions or answers? 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

resentment or anger can do all sorts of things to your body such as heavy chest  and other anxiety symptoms.

Richard

• Posted

Why would you have resentment and anger toward your other side, is there issues?
    • Posted

Yes, we are currently having issues but he is convinced that I have a mental disorder and this is why we have issues. I am not close minded to the idea, but I take a look at my anxiety and realize its mainly when I speak to him. 
    • Posted

I know when I get stressed my anxiety go up fast, and if talking to him makes you feel stressed maybe try writing letters back and fourth just an idea?
    • Posted

My question is if someone has an anxiety disorder, are they anxious all the time? Would being anxious only around a certain person still classify as having a mental disorder? 
    • Posted

In my opium only if you are borderline and talking to your other half make you stressed out then your anxiety come out also.
    • Posted

Sorry I will try to explain my self better, what I mean by borderline is that you don’t get anxiety all the time for no reason, but when you do get faced with something that stresses you out and put pressure on you that is when the anxiety hits you, and when it hits you it is harder then what a person with out a disorder would feel. Some times you maybe getting worried or stressed with out even knowing and it bring out the anxiety.
  • Posted

Hi Julia, it's a very difficult one really, we can all feel anxious when discussing difficult issues or situations especially if the other person dismisses the issues. It doesn't sound like an anxiety disorder but I cant say either way as I'm not a GP or know the full circumstances. It obviously is an issue for you though so is an anxiety problem.

n

• Posted

I find that anxiety can come in waves.  I think your relationship is causing you anxiety but you may have an underlying disposition to anxiety.  Some people may feel anxious all the time, but I find personally that sometimes for no reason I get anxious, and also when I get stressed I get anxious.  There is no way for me to tell when I will get anxious.  I think it affects us all in different ways.
  • Posted

Hi Julia, i suffer from anxiety and have done on and off in my life.  I recently finished a relationship because of it and other issues we had.  I tried to see him again but every time i was in his company i got panicky and anxious.  I think i was reminded of bad times with thim but also i knew that fundamentaly he wasn't there to support me - i didn't feel safe.  Sounds like you probably have anxiety and your partner sometimes makes you feel worse - maybe due to a lack of support??  Maybe counselling together might help??

xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.