anxiety disorder

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm on pregabaline 50mg twice a day not working.on 1mg larazapam and zoplaclone for sleep. Had c b t counciling and sicolagist nothing works even been in a mental home don't no what to do next any ideas.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Medication alone will not help anxiety.

Therapy CBT etc is not a cure it is learning how to cope anxiety

We have to try and help ourselves

Anxiety thrives off fear

Stay Strongcheesygrin

• Posted

Sounds a bit like me Donna. I've been on a psychy ward twice this last year and no meds work and I always end up with nasty side effects. Last two things I tried was trazadone and pregabalin. I've tried cbt and other therapies but am due for CAT therapy in May but starting nlp for 5 weeks beforehand including hypnotherapy. Shall I keep u updated? Nowt worse than commiting to treatment and it not working.
    • Posted

I'm thinking of been hypnosis ed see if that will help yes keep me informed how you get on.I try to keep busy but there's only so much you can do feel terrible to day.
    • Posted

I would think trying therapy etc or medication for that matter is much preferable than going into a psychiatric hospital.

Ive been in them 3 times because of depression and its not a nice experience.

As I have already said you have to try and help yourself and learn how to cope with anxietycry

• Posted

Hi iv had therapy on Med and ect nothing helps they said smell tea bags and wash my hand in washing up liquard what a load of b...........cks that is I mainly go on Feb and do word searches it's s ty I'll there all time iv even self harmed that how bad I have been. Unless someone is going through same thing no one understand.

• Posted

Nothing in this ilife is free mate you have to try and help yourself

Cope with depression for 16 years and anxiety for 4 months (which I have)and then tell me again how no one understands you!!!!

• Posted

Try 27 years Lynne lol!! I've lived a nightmare and its only getting worse the longer nothing's helping. I believe u can ease it with some techniques but when its a a height nothing much helps. My problem is I developed cardiophobia which is always there even when I'm not especially stressed or anxious which goes through the roof when I am and nothing can calm me down and the thought overpowers everything else
    • Posted

Well  Ive managed my depression pretty well for 16 years at the most Ive managed to keep a roof over my head and hold down a job,

With anxiety only had that 4 months Ive had to resign from work because of not being able to function with it

I dont think drugs are going to help that,Im going through a meds change at the moment so what I reckon is if I can get my depression under control I will then have to help myself help the anxietycheesygrin

Mental health sucks and the NHS in the UK is a joke

Stay Strong

• Posted

Ahh yeah Lynne I'm in the UK too. I have a really supportive cpn which I've had for 18 months though so he's trying his best. I suffer only with chronic health anxiety but it was originally triggered by severe post natal depression 27 years ago. I got rid of the depression is but the anxiety stayed and is only snowballing as the years go on as I can't seem to find anything that reigns it in. Having had both I have to say the depression was soul destroying but anxiety is another matter altogether. It is so debilitating and has wrecked all aspects of my life. I've attempted suicide with it and most days are pretty unbearable to get through. I open my eyes to yet another day of adrenaline rushes, panic attacks and the overwhelming fear which literally takes my breath away. I'm praying nlp and hypnosis help me in ANY way as I can't do this for much longer as it's just no life
    • Posted

Aw Paula I feel for you I really do.

Do you have family for support?

I pushed everyone away and have been estranged from my family for nearly 20 years.

When the anxiety started I thought I was having a heart attack or a stroke I ended up in a&e twice and I would not believe it was anxiety.

I have had lots of test done and all is clear but I am still terrified of dying.

Its irronic really cause I tried to kill myself 3 times

Life Sucks

• Posted

I also worked right through it but had to resign last year and I'm now on long term sick after all the fighting I've done of it 😢 it's harder now to imagine a future without feeling constant fear coursing through me and I'm 47 this year and I'm thinking if this treatment doesn't work I'm done. Had enough. Burned out. It'll have finally won the war
    • Posted

Ahh it certainly does Lynne. I have a really supportive family and amazing husband that's the only reason I'm still here. I feel guilty though as it impacts on his life so much. Whereabouts in the UK are u?
    • Posted

Well thats good you have your family though I understand its hard on then too.

Im in Cheshire, I dont want a lot out of life just to make enough money to keep a roof over my head and pay the bills but thats not happening at the moment until Ive got these meds sorted and the CWP which deal with mental health are not being helpful

But you must stay positive Paula you have so much to live forcheesygrin

• Posted

I'm in Newcastle. Mental health teams really good up here but I'm just a tough one to help. Have ptsd as well from a violent relationship when I had my son which is what triggered my post natal depression. I have three lush boys and a gorgeous granddaughter but I'm stuck at home and can't do anything I'm so aggitated and panic stricken. Can't wait for Mon 😏
    • Posted

Im actually Scottish but have moved around a lot I was in Dorset for 9 years and the mental health down there is 2nd to none.

But such is life just have to power on.

Take care Paula and message me anytime

Your not alone just wish I had answerscool

• Posted

Yeah me too!! I'll keep u updated on my progress Lynne and message me anytime 😊 thanks for ur support and speak soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.