ANXIETY DISORDER RULING MY LIFE

Posted , 6 users are following.

i am 22 years old from london. ive been suffering from a anxiety disorder for 4 years now and its completly ruining my life. i always feel anxious. always very lightheaded , palps , feel like loosing memory abit but can remember everything (if you get what i mean) always feel my heart beat or hear it , always feel like somthing is going to happen i have been to the hospital A&E 8 times since the new year. i am 22 and ive had everything done and been told im fine all the time but my physical symtoms tell me different. does anyone feel the same? will this rule my life forever? ..... i was put on fluoxietine but stopped about a month ago only stops because of the side affects , should i start taking it again and stop worrrying so much ??/ 

please help 

thanks 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had this problem for around 2 years myself, but I was able to get past it. I'm going through a relapse now for the first time in close to 5 years, but I know that I can get past this with the help of past experience and my faith. Keep you head up and keep pushing, you can be happy again.

Remember the times when you were calm and not in a panic. Understand how good that felt, and remind yourself that the panic is just in your head. It cant hurt you, and you can beat it.

All the best.

• Posted

so do you think that im just over reacting all the time and not giving myself that time t calm my mind pyshically and spiritually? should i start taking back the meds too ?
    • Posted

Your not over reacting it's how your body deals with the anxiety you have to not let your body react that way! When you feel an anxiety attack coming do something to take your mind off it listen to some music or sing. I have bad anxiety at the moment but have a 1 year old so I'm always busy it takes my mind off it sometimes. Do things that make you happy x
    • Posted

You're not overreacting at all. There is no other way to feel, but you can get past this and eventually, you can train your mind to accept this feeling and you can live a happy life without anxiety getting in the way.
  • Posted

sometimes i wonder too weather i will ever get over this anxiety..for me its been 8 months..its has significantly made me unhappy..i constantly worry about my health and my heart..i dont get palp i just get weird sensations and sharp needle like poking sensations..or just some nonsense feeling and the next second i will be overwhelmed fear..im 23 had done some tests and docs said its anxiety..i just sometimes still think they is something wrong and docs just couldnt find out..i guess the more we worry the more it gets worst..have to figure out the cause of the anxiety work out a recovery from there..
    • Posted

Stress can make symptoms worse. Remember the happier moments and use those as a benchmark.
    • Posted

Hey..what I just learned is that anxiety came in all forms..one month you can have headache and think u have a tumor..then it would stop then the next month you will have sharp pain in your chest and you would think you have a heart problem...it's crazy cause that's what I deal with you just have to find a way to cope with it and tell yourself your fine
  • Posted

I feel the same way I've been having anxietys for 2 months now..il I think about is that I'm going to die..I hate thinking like that..but I go thru the same symptoms bro..your not alone my prayers go up to you 🙏🏽🙏🏽
  • Posted

I highly recommend that you don't stop taking your medications without it being over seen by your doctor.  It will certainly make your symptoms worse.  Because SSRIs aid with seretonin uptake, feeling good chemistry in our brains.  you take that away, and well your like a junky needing a fix.  I recommend talking with your doctor about other SSRIs and finding one with less side effects, and follow their instructions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.