ANXIETY DISORDER TAKING OVER. HELP URGENT

Posted , 7 users are following.

this anxiety is really getting to me .... i constantly feel like something is going to happen even now i feel so lightheaded and chest feels heavy , i check my pulse every mintue its ruining my life honestly .... ive had all checks from A&E and everything is fine.... i dont know where all this anxiety comes from i honeslty dont , i really need some one to talk to and need some reasurance that this is all normal ive been A&E 8 times since the new year and dont wnna go back looking like a fool everytime 

can i have some advice please??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I can really relate to what you are feeling I have had this for over a month now I wake up everyday feeling nervous and worried. I to have chest tightness and lightheaded have been to a&e 3 tine in a month and said all okay. For the past two days I have been slightly better just been telling myself I can't live ny life like this I need to pick myself up and get on with things especialluly for my kids. I do still have moments during day but I'm trying. I have started taking multi vitamins and drinking passion flower tea it's supposed to be relaxing. I know it's hard wr just need to try not to focus on it to much.
    • Posted

i try so much ive had this since i was 17 im 22 now and i just feel so stupid all the time , i always feel so werid , do you ever get the out of body experience? or is it just me? i feel like im loosing my mind , i always listen for my heartbeat and stuff , i feel like  a idiot because its messing with my relationship , my girlfriend keeps saying im ok im ok but my physcial symtoms tell me different sad sad 
    • Posted

I quite often feel like I'm spaced out and can't really focus on anythibg my vision also goes a bit blurry it's so strange I'm new to this anxiety thing all started month ago when had a panic attack at work because I was having palpitations. My husband is supportive and does the same says il be okay but it's so hard when it's you it's happening to i check my pulse constant all day it terrible. Do you take medication or have you tried cbt? Im not taking anything but having been reading about cbt and seems to help people.
    • Posted

well i was given fluoxtine but stopped a month ago because i couldnt handle the side affects and tried to see if i can actually soilder it without meds , my GP still hasnt signed me up to CBT ie tried chasing it up because i cant do this anymore. i really want to start taking them again but im scared to do that to. its like the anxiety doesnt stop... my girlfriend is supportive but she just brushes it off like ah youll be fine stop moaning and stuff but its really hard and its coming to the point where i have 2 job interviews today and i cant even be brave enough to pick myself up and go im that worried :'( 
  • Posted

Everything you have discribed including going to a and e serveral times is the same for me.

I have had depression for many years which has been manageable with meds but the anxiety is in a league of its own, it started about 2 months ago, all I have been offered is CBT which is a seven month waiting list, Ive been on it for one month, so Ive got a long auld wait.

The thing is people say just  do deep breathing just meditate,that does not help when your chest is so heavy you think your having a heart attack!!!!!

If I went to hospital and had a broken arm they would do something to fix it but with mental health your just told pull yourself together and You'll have to wait 7 months before it can even begin to be fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant Ive had a bad week.

• Posted

no dont be sorry i understand! i go through it now ive been 8 times since the new year from blood tests to ECG's and all the time i look like a fool being told its just anxiety. my girlfriend says ill be ok and i want to beleive it but its not easy when you feel the way you do , i have a out of body experienc everyday light headed everydayday chest feels heavy so muchh!!! im so used to palputations that if i cant feel them i get worried and think my hert isnt beating. i know exactly how you feel i do... i really wish i had someone to rant to about something in common tooo 
  • Posted

I was told one of the times, I went to a and e not to come back,anxiety is not an emergency,but what they dont seem to understand is when it happens it seem very real to you, I feel as if Im having a heart attack of a stroke or something I get very affraid.  I live alone so when it happens at night Im terrified.

But on a poistive note your not alone and I do think these forums are quite good even if sometimes the replies are a wee bit patronising.

Be strong and take care x

• Posted

You are not the only one. Anxiety is taking her my life as well! I am on meds and feel like they are doing nothing for me. I constantly think there is something wrong with my body. It's a very scary feeling! I miss so much work due to my anxiety. It is normal to have the feelings that you are, but not normal for us to live our lives like this daily. I would advise on some clinical counseling and if you're up for it, possible meds. It is definitely trial and error to find what works right for you, because I am going through that right now. Hang in there!
  • Posted

hey..i will just like to say to everyone out here that i too am going through this for 8 months now..i get panic even when doing normal things like going grocery shopping and stuff..i too checked myself medically doc says my heart is fine..im 23 so docs seem very confident as they the test came out fine..anyway my symptoms are more of sharp intermitent sensations..and just sore at the middle of my chest..happens only when i move..so docs put it down to anxiety and says my muscles are just stressed out..so they ask me to relax and prescribe xanan and muscle relaxant which i didnt take cause my brain keeps telling me any meds will cause terrible side effects..so ya it sucks..went for 5 ecgs and did all the basic checks all the time like blood pressure etc..blood count was good too...i donr know why theres such thing as anxiwty in the world..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.