Anxiety disorder with methyphobia

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello everyone,

Well, as the title says i suffer from a anxiety disorder and methyphobia. I got therapy for my anxiety disorder with just conversation and with Emdr. It helps me with small steps but it helps. My biggest fear is to lose control of my mind and body. And Alcohol is now a days one of my biggest fears. Before i had an anxiety disorder i had now problem at all with losing control, but I always was a insecure person. I smoked weed daily, was drunk 1 time per week and had a 'very' negative experience with magic mushrooms. Well, ive learned that i never gonna do weed and all the other kind of thing anymore in my life, but some alcohol at the time is what i really miss sometimes alltough i have a big fear now a days for it. Is there somebody who can help me to get rid of this strange anxiety? Thx for your time.

greets from Holland.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi coto98

You need to get some cognitive therapy for your anxiety and phobia. All this was brought on by your previous lifestyle especially habitually smoking weed, which can, after smoking it for some time, cause anxiety phobias. Go see your doctor and request some therapy....

• Posted

Hey Mary,

Thanks for your reply. I already have 2 times a week therapy for my anxiety disorder and ive drinked like 3 times in 3 year alcohol. When i drink the chance of a panic attack is high and im so scared to lost control of my self. Its just frustrating because is enjoyed it a lot when i was younger. I just cant relax when i start to drink.

• Posted

Hi coto98

That's good continue with the therapy and don't even think about alcohol. The odd one now and again is ok, but as it affects you it's obviously a no no in your case. I wish you well with your therapy and getting to a good place where your anxieties and phobies are under control......best wishes....😊👍

• Posted

I can slightly relate I've been ill for years Only leave the house for Dr. appts I so want live in the world Yet now I'm afraid to leave You mention you're insecure so you did the drugs I again can relate with one exception I am very secure It was to cover up pain and anguish in my head and body I wish I could drink But the meds I'm on prevent it I miss feeling high These are only issues a psychiatrist can deal with I wish I had an easy answer for you I wish you well Let me know if you need to chat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.