anxiety disorders

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i have anxiety for years i think it got worse following the death of my prem baby 30 years ago. Something will stick in my head for days and i will worry about it it very random. health of my children if there safe. Going on hoiliday incase something goes wrong  but it can also be really silly things like i think i said the  wrong thing to some one.very anxioux about driving got real fear of going on a slip road and duel carridge way incase i cannot get on basically very radom and find it hard to get the thoughts out of my head. it very hard to live a normal life. i just wondered if any one had any idears on self help treatment that i could try to break this cycle?. i do a lot of exersise witch does help brefiely

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I find most of my fears and anxiety are irrational and are holding me back from living a fuller life. I just got on meds and will start with a psychologist soon. I have started researching CBT and Mindfulness.
  • Posted

You developed ocd in all this. Most do. I wish i had the answers how to make it all stop and go away but i dont. The GAD and ocd part is a part of you and how you your thoughts work. You would have to find a way to retrain your brain, literally think differently, different attitude. A lot of changing and growing would need to take place. They have spiritual motivational speakers you can google. (Not religion its different then religon) it is a different way to think and understand the world you live in. Life from a different perspective. 
  • Posted

I agree with Diane rookery im the same and i hate coming off the slip roads on to the motorway ive been driving twenty three years and still wont do the motorway so you are not alone I hate upsetting people for feaqr of saying the wrong thing and "live " onmy nerves meds meditation and focal distraction helps xx

• Posted

thanks for your reply. it is very exhausting . i,llwill  saysomething in a  conversation and worry about it for days that i have said the  wrong thing and upset someone then something else will happen and will forget the thing i am worring about and start worring about something else so silly i know.never ending good to chat to other people ging through the same

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.