Anxiety dizziness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please any one out there help me I have had enough now I have been dealing with diziness for 2years now and it's non stop I have seen more than 20 doctors and different psychologist they told me that I have generalised anxiety disorder this problem started after my mothers death any medication or anything to ease this dizziness am now losing hope will it ever end that's my question of every day I can't cope anymore I have tried alprazolam cilift trepiline

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Fresh ginger. Peeled one inch a day. Freshly sliced in hotnwater let it be for five minutes then sip when done eatbthe ginger. Talso ell cied inger or the ginger from the japanese places or markets that sell sushi or california rolls, its the original dizzy antidote and it is helpful. Its an acquired taste but youll adjust if you find it works for you.  Doctors can help you from the neck down it seems thats where most of the progress has been made lately,  they do have vestibular rehab that might be able to help you as well.

gabapentin might be aboe  to help this too. I know a few people who went on it for this and were pleased. One switched over to prozac a year later.

• Posted

some of that is just not english. Sorry. Meant to say also candied ginger*
    • Posted

Thank you lisalisa67 I will try that and I will talk to my doctor about vestibular rehab thanks a lot about the remedy
  • Posted

Dizzyness is a hard thing to beat and I think one of the reasons for this is because it can become such a habit. Places can trigger it, feelings can trigger it...it becomes intertwined with our anxiety and then becomes learned behaviour:

A: If I go to the shops I will be dizzy.

B: I go to the shops and I feel dizzy.

C: I feel anxious.

And on...and on...

I am in this loop myself and like you and seeing a therapist for it. The trick is to know that it is anxiety and to not fear it. Fighting it only makes it worse.

Acceptance of it allows for it to ease.

• Posted

Thank you so much sillymop I feel little better to year that am not alone but am curious will it ever stop the dizziness cause I lost hope and it hard to believe that it's anxiety even if I feel happy the diziness is still there am afraid that I will be like this forever my kids are struggling during bad times a cant take them to school I hope GOD will answer our prayers this year it's hard to leave like this

• Posted

hi constance, I struggle also with bad dizziness, it is awful i cant get out...i have been put on prozac , seems worsening my anxiety and then the dizziness, it is an awful feeling , pray God also.....
    • Posted

Hi Anne any solution so far with diziness 😭 I feel terrible this month where are the good doctors can any one out there please help😭😭😭😭

• Posted

First sorry about your Mom. Know  everything she taught you and he oove you remains within you, im sure shes now your angel and really wants you to have a hapoy and fun filled succesful life.

dizzy is. Ahrd one but a common ine. Start with yoga. Breathing. Belly breathing and learn to functiin using your belly not your chest. Simple science is anxious people cant properly breathe using their chests because of the nature of anxiety and end uo shallow breathing, holding their breath or breathing to fast. Theres apos to teach belly breathing so good to oearn and live that.

next is diet. Too much salt, imbalanced blood sugars bouncing uo and and down..poor nutitiinal diet all of it olays a role. Seek an anti inflammatiin diet and add in raw finger slices (half an inch) a day to you diet. If its too bitter dip it in honey. Ginger is a Godsend for dizzy stuff. 

A doctor cant cure lonliness, or really a mindet, getting stuck in the past neither can a pill. They can help but nor fix. Therapy..group therapy might help you out way more then a pill. You are looking for a fix on an emotional issue by taking a pill. This is an emotionally based issue. Pill might help, food will help but the mindset has to change.

• Posted

Gabapentin would be the goto medication to try for dizziness. But just know its not the ling term answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.