Anxiety Dreams

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all. Just real brief to tell a story I had my first panic attack January of last year and have been suffering from severe anxiety off an on ever since. I was wondering  if anybody has bad dreams with their anxiety. It’s a new symptom and it seems like when I get stressed about something I have very vivid dreams and when I wake up for a little while I have a lot of anxiety trying to figure out if it was really just a dream or did it really happen. As time goes on and I get really woke up I know it was just a dream and I go on about my day but still with anxiety. I just never see anybody talking about this and I’m wondering if anxiety can cause this, or if something else more major or do I have a different mental health issue going on. It’s so scary. I’m not always scared in my dreams it’s scary when I wake up and not know if it really happened or if it was just a dream even though deep down I know it’s a dream. .... if that makes sense .... 

Please let me know if any of you here have this problem?!?!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like anxiety! Don’t want to push anything on you, but you shoul try to say a little prayer to Jesus  about your dreams and see if that helps before you seek medications. Hope you get better! After my first panic attack I have had real bad anxiety issues feeling flushed in my face and going to pass out! It is weird stuff! 
    • Posted

I know all about that feeling flushed in the face feeling! I refuse to take the medication they give for anxiety because of the addiction in the sedatives and dependability in the Antidepressants. My anxiety comes in spells. I will have it really bad for a couple of weeks then I may go a month or more without it. This dreaming and being confused about them when I wake makes me think I’m going crazy! 
    • Posted

And I do A LOT of praying, trust me! It’s what has got me through the last almost 2 years

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.