Anxiety during the day is unbearable

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone, 

So I had a major life changing event recently and the shock of it all started settling in around 2 months after the initial event took place. I started getting severe anxiety, which unfortunately still remains. The doctor put me on 10mg Cipralex and it’s been 18 days but the symptoms remain. My anixety is horrific during the day and only by 7pm is when I begin to feel tired/calm and okay. Am also suffering from heartbreak and trauma, somseeing a therapist who keeps saying I should give this time. It’s interfering with my day life. I can’t seem to make it to work and yet I drag myself everyday. Am also depressed. Can anyone help with any of this? Please?

Is there any medication for me to get back on my feet first and then begin to work my way out of this because for now, I can’t even lift my head off the pillow on days. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anoushey

You need to give yourself time, your medications will take four or five weeks to work and you are also seeing a Therapist, again be patient, give time and work on any suggestions given

BOB

• Posted

Thank you.

It’s been 4 weeks today. During the day I feel immense grief or anxiety cause I fell what it is. It makes me want to cry all day and see no one. By night, it miraculously goes again. So I’m thinking it can’t be grief, cause that doesn’t have a time. But when I do I feel 70-80% lighter in the nights is beyond me. The level of anxiety has died down to a great extent but not the grief. Am confused. 

• Posted

Sometimes when we grieve we need to talk the problem out. Grief can cause many sensations. Anger and sadness are only two of the feeling sufferers need to address.

In the UK sometimes we can sit down with a grief Councillor there you can address the negative thoughts that drag you down.

You can try and talk out your concerns with people or family ? that knew the person and that can work quite well

If you discuss your needs they may be able to approach your treatment plan in a different way that will address your confusion and distress

BOB

• Posted

Love yourself

The most difficult thing for you at this time 

Your meds will take approx 4 weeks to kick in 

Why not try a mediation app on your phone, I use insight timer it’s free

You can choose sleep, relaxation, motivation etc buy an adult colouring in book and some pens make yourself sit quietly 

Paint your toenails  remove and re paint 

Anything repetitive is calming 

Bake bread and cakes 

Don’t fret it will take time you have to accept that 

Here to listen 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.