Anxiety? Eyes feel really odd like I'm in not in this world foggy mind. Extremely tired

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had this for about a week I have a doctors appointment coming up but I just really can't take it. It's like I have a foggy brain not really any headache pain just a few times but the foggy eye feeling is a constant and as the day goes on I just get super fatigued and tired. I just want to know if anyone has any answers? Or feels the same way. I just keep thinking and thinking about what could be wrong with me and I get super worried and freak myself out it's making me really depressed. Please help I know this is probably vague but this is the first time posting on a forum because I'm just so nervous 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elise. I'm really glad you posted here. I'm sorry you are  concerned about your symptom.   I do know exactly what you are talking about because I have had that also. My anxiety symptoms begin in my 20s after years of  internalized stress and anxiety. I had about seven or eight symptoms all at one time and it was scary. All my symptoms were due to anxiety. I too had the foggy brain and  foggy Eye feeling .  

do you normally suffer from anxiety? 

The reason I ask is because when I went to the doctor for my symptoms I actually saw a neurologist because I was scared. He did some testing and everything came out normal but what he told me is that the foggy brain in foggy I feeling can happen  as a result of severe stress and anxiety. What happens is when we were very anxious, the brain wants to protect us, so it tries to blocks out the outside world so to speak,

so that we don't have to deal with the stress. When it blocks out the world  we can get really weird symptoms like the foggy brain that a lot of people on this site complain of, funny vision,  A feeling of being detached from the world or like a feeling of your not really there or just a very strange feeling .   This is called depersonalization. 

so you are definitely not alone, however I would still recommend following up with your doctor just to get things checked out. It would also give you peace of mind knowing you're OK. 

if you do suffer from anxiety, sometimes speaking with the counselor can help. Also there are some excellent YouTube videos for anxiety, depression, sleep, etc. they really help me a lot. And I want to let you know that any symptoms caused by anxiety cannot hurt you even though they feel weird and scary. 

i've had so many symptoms over the years and like I said they started in my 20s and I am now in my 50s and still alive! LOL I'm living proof of that anxiety symptoms don't hurt you. I hope this helps a little bit and please let us know how you are doing!

You're going to be just fine ??🌸🌸🌸😁

• Posted

Elise, you’re getting yourself into a vicious circle, this foggy eye feeling is because of stress and when you get it you stress more then it gets more intense and so on! It’s crazy how the mind is strong and convinces us of weird things! It’s tricking you my dear don’t fall into this. Just RELAX! it’s nothing smile and anyway you have a doctor appt so really nothing to worry about 

• Posted

You must have never had bad anxiety if you tell someone to "just relax".

It doesn't work!

• Posted

Mmmm i had severe anxiety + agoraphobia + hychondeiasis+ claustrophobia + motion sickness! I was a complete mess!!!! But now I’m free of everything ( read my post) I’m

Trying to help here 

• Posted

I feel like a zombie when I'm awake. I'm always very sleepy and tired. I don't understand why though..Your doctor will figure out the cause and you will get better.Take Care👍💪Wish you all the best Eliseo!💖💕🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.