Anxiety, fatigue, no appetite for 3 weeks?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

About 3 weeks ago I was eating dinner at home alone when suddenly I got very nauseous and and started panicking. Over the next few days I assumed I had a virus but the doctor found nothing in blood/stool samples. Well now I am waking up every morning with horrible anxiety and diarrhea. Throughout the day I have no energy, just chronic fatigue, and I have no appetite even when my stomach growls, so I just eat when I assume I should. I have 24/7 stomach pain, like a light annoying burning. By 6:00 pm, I suddenly feel 80% better! The stomach burning is still there but I start getting in the mood for food anyways. Also, this whole 3 weeks, I've had absolutely no sex drive or libido at all. I feel hopeless sad I am a 19 year old male. I live alone and try to go out all day but it isn't helping and when I went to visit my family, the thing that always makes me happiest, the symptoms were still with me. I have no interest in anything sad

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Also, throughout the day, I sometimes think about my family growing older or passing away as well as me dying. Although I don't think this is the root of whatever I'm going through.
  • Posted

I've been the same for the past 5 weeks iv lost over 2 stone!!

I'm forcing myself to eat and drink plenty because it makes anxiety worse if you don't

Hope you get back on mend soon xx

• Posted

I've also lost weight sad yep I'm always drinking water and forcing myself to eat what I can throughout the day! Best of luck to you too, keep us posted.
  • Posted

Have you heard about psychosomatic illness?, sometimes our bodies react dramatically to our emotions.​
  • Posted

hi

​feeling awefull all day and starting to pick up around 5pm onwards does happen to many, you may get to a point where your going to start snacking lots late at night, try not to go over 2 litres of water a day also understanding most foods you eat contain water, also include your other drinks like coffee for instance within your 2 lires, water will give you a feeling of full which will reduce your hunger for food, hence weight loss will almost happen, but it is important you dont drink much more that the recomended daily amount of water, are you on meds ? from what you are saying you do have health anxiety, but also from what you are saying it sounds like your on a ssri medication too ? your doc seems to have given you the all clear so next step would be CBT therapy , calm group , . take care you will get there

• Posted

Hi Wayne!

Yes I get the urge to snack at night but I've been trying not to, just eating dinner like normal. I am not on any medication yet, I haven't gotten to see a psychiatrist

• Posted

hello

​meds could help you but it's not always the answer,also adrenaline blocker could put you back on the right track too, however some use tibetan herbs to treat anxiety and depression they have proven to be very good but can be rather expensive for a 4 week course.but you do need to nip this in the bud now and not let the dam anxiety symptoms get a stronger hold.i do feel for the younger generation to suffer with this, things will get better for you but dont do it alone get help

take care

• Posted

Thanks Wayne,

I've been trying to find more info on tibetan herbs but can't seem to find much! I would like to try it before my appointment in 10 days. Thanks!

• Posted

Maybe move back home for a bit. Do you need to live alone at 19? See an endocrinologist. Have you had mono? Do you have epstein barr? The endocrinologist are well trained and cn help you figure this out.they do different bloodwork then a regulr doc.
    • Posted

Hi Lisa,

I'm planning on seeing an endocrinologist this week actually. And I can't move back home at the moment cause I'm in college.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.