Anxiety, Fears of Death

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had problems with anxiety for a while now, mostly its chest pains resulting in me thinking i might have a heart attack or that there is something seriously wrong and that i might die young. If i manage to control the chest pains and panic attacks i still can't shake the thoughts about death and getting myself upset. I've had this for years as i even remember being about 10 years old and waking up one night getting really upset about dying. I know i shouldnt let it control my mind or let it get me upset as there is nothing i can do about stopping death. I just wish there was a way i could control the thoughts and get on with life. Its not just not wanting to die, i get upset about leaving family behind, the things i may not get to see and just feeling generally upset and confused about it all.

I know this probably all sounds stupid but just wondered if anyone has any advice or who has felt the same at any time?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I know how you feel. Trapped wind turns into thoughts of a heart attack. I also get a lot of palpitations which gives me those thoughts too. 
  • Posted

yes i am going through what sounds exactly what you are feeling, ive been diagnosed with health anxiety and had my first one on one with a phychiatrist last tuesday, got another session tomorrow. it is a horrible feeling
  • Posted

Nice to know i've not gone mad and people get how i feel.

Thank you for your replies

• Posted

This isn't the forum for this, but one night I woke and saw a deceased friend bathed in a bright white light, as well as the whole room. This was no dream, it only lasted for about 20 or 30 seconds, his long hair was straight back, as if blown by wind, but stationary.

Believe it or not, it happened, so IMO there is more than this, stop worrying so much.

• Posted

So, continue worrying if that is your perogative, everyone worries to a degree, just depends on if you make it a block buster worry, or a minor worry, because life can be just one big worry.

I don't know if any of you went through military training, but believe it, you wouldn't have time to worry with so much to do, no time for anxiety, because you are demanded to get the job done.

Well, maybe it's time to get the job done to stop with the worrying, there's some great things out there, great people, great relationships, great lifes, try a few.

• Posted

i have 3 children which do take up my time and is demanding, but for some reason the worry still tgets in the way, so not like i havnt tried. the way you put it, makes it sound like its pathetic to feel this way, but its not, its just one of those things that every individual has to deal with in their own way, everyone has a different mindset. dont get me wrong, i will get through this and become the strong person i used to be
  • Posted

Everyone has their own ways of dealing with things including worry. Unfortunately having anxiety doesn't allow you to just stop the worry when you want to. If I could just stop worrying I wouldn't be on here asking for the advice. Some days are better than others and I can reason with myself. It's something that takes time and like alex I hope that one day I can get through all this and be back to my old self

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.