anxiety feelings after slimming pills

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi guys

i started taking pro ultra slim and african mango pills on new years day to help loose some weight, i went into this blind i saw good reviews and thought right lets do this sad  after a few days taking 4 pills a day my appitite competely went i started loosing weight, but started feeling very poorly shakey, panicky, tearfull, but i was full of energy i was running about at 100 miles an hour!!!  after 5 days i went to the drs who told me to stop them straight away as i had overdosed on the caffine sad  since then i have been suffering terrible anxiety attacks and feel like i need to be busy all the time and dont like being alone ive now lost 14lb since nyd!! i went to see a phamasist at my drs as there was no dr on duty at the time and he put me straight on 20mg of citalopram daily im on day 6 now the anxiety has calmed a little but the shaking is terrible and major headaches,  after much research i decided to request to have my thyroid checked which i had done on friday just waiting for results now, my mum has overactive tyroid so thought i would check it as i dont want to have ad's if not needed,  hate feeling like this sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Michelle, Put taking these diet pills down to experience, if it was a magic pill we would all be taking them. As for the Citalopram this can cause anxiety to increase to start with. I started on 20mg but the side effects were too much so decreased with Drs permission to 10mg. It takes the body at least 4-6 weeks to stabilise before you get the full effects. Give it more time. I hope your Thyroid test comes back negative. Keep strong and try not to worry. 

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

thank you elizabeth,  im hoping that im not taking wrong medication for nothing as side effect are not nice on citalopram sad x
    • Posted

Side effects can be awful to start with and when i first started Citalopram last June i felt the same as you. People here advised me to stick with it and after about 6 weeks i felt the full benefits. I can now say i feel so much better my anxiety is mostly gone and i have had no panic attacks since July. Keep talking here as people are going throught he same and we can support each other.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

hi all, 

well my thyoid blood test was all normal, so it is my brain thats the proble rolleyes

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.