Anxiety flare up

Posted , 5 users are following.

I class my anxiety as noise/social...I struggle with the large Hungarian family who live next door to me as they scream and shout a lot and they have 5 kids so there's a lot of banging...when they play football outside my house it sounds like they r playing with a boulder not a ball!!!! I also hate moving my car at certain times of the day as I'm paranoid of someone parking In my spot...I won't go out on a Saturday afternoon coz it's so busy everywhere and I always go out 1st thing in the morning when I can...had to pick my son up from work at 6.30pm last night and I've felt panicky and anxious ever since...felt so ill driving back in case someone had parked outside my house...I walk around a lot at night with earplugs In so I can't hear any noise outside and most nights I just give up and go to bed when I've done everything and watch telly in bed while I'm wearing earplugs!!!! Have turned to food AGAIN as I'm feeling so rubbish at the minute even though I know the more weight I out on the worse I'll feel and my anxiety will then get even worse.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Is it a private house or council my love as you can complain also I have become intolerant to a lot of noise but not as bad as yourself Like you I turn to overeating ive done it for years are you on any medication or having any therapy at the moment?
    • Posted

Thankyou for replying...it's a housing association house but next door is a private rented property,to be fair they aren't bad people there's just a lot of them and their culture seems to shout rather than talk,it's not really late at night but I've had major problems in the past with neighbours so just think I'm super sensitive to any noise now,I am on citalopram 20mg one daily which do help and I had CBT last year and it helped a bit...I'm nowhere near as bad as I was...it's taken me 41 years to realise I comfort eat and have a terrible love hate relationship with food...I'm a very all or nothing person so I'm either eating healthily and don't treat myself ever or I'm stuffing my face with takeaways and feeling rubbish...never seem able to find a balance where I can eat healthily and exercise but still have a treat every now and again.
  • Posted

Sounds like you need to marry someone like the Rock to sort out your problems. It sounds very inconsiderate and distressing.  Try not to convert your distress to food though as being a heavyweight has its consequences. I hope you can either move house or resolve this.
  • Posted

Hi Catherine its only become clear to me that not being able to tolerate noise is part of anxiety. I sleep with fan all night so I don't hear people next door or outside. If I go to a shopping centre and kids are running around yelling I just walk out. I don't suffer as badly as you but I understand completely x
  • Posted

I dont label my anxiety but I fear the situation you do.

I think this is a common part of anxiety.

My upstairs neighbours have 2 adorable kids but when they are running around

there flat its like a herd of baby elephants running around then the parents start to argue this all really upsets me and affects my anxiety.

Even before my anxiety started I avoided crowds, Ive never liked busy places so common sense tells me to avoid time at busy times.

If you feel the noise is excessive contact the council and they will send people to measure the noise levels.

If your on medication get a review and consider counselling it help you to manage your illness

Lil

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.