Anxiety/flu/dying :-(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Last week I developed a really bad pain in the right side of my chest. It got that bad I had too call an ambulance. They hooked me up to an ecg machine and I was told my heart was healthy etc it was a panic attack.. well ever since that I have had the worst panick attacks they got really out of control... by the following Friday night I didn't have anymore but since Friday I have developed what feels like flu.. my face is flushed, Im getting chills, I feel dizzy when I lay down sometimes, my heart races at getting up just too use the bathroom,my legs feel like jelly but also feel like I just want too tense them really tight. I wake up and just feel ill.. I don't have a fever or a runny nose alt hough i get out of breath so easy.. I went too the docters on Thursday and she ran some.blood checked my pulse that sort of stuff. I'm just waiting on the results. She also gave me hydroxycin 50mg which I haven't tryed yet as I don't like that zombie feeling and I'm worried I'm going too panick :-(... can anybody help me? Am I seriously ill or is this anxiety :-( I don't know what too do I really do feel really ill....

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It's more than likely the anxiety. If I have a really bad day with heart palpitations I usually feel like I have the flu by the end of the day. It's awful. I feel like that right now.
    • Posted

I had my bad panick attack last week though. These symptoms that I'm getting now have progressed over 2 days :-(
  • Posted

Hi Jade! I'm sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I experienced my first panic attack when a doctor thought I had a heart murmur. I started feeling pain in my chest and ended up in the ER as well. For the past week, I've been feeling many of the same symptoms as you, and I'm pretty sure it's my anxiety because I've had these symptoms before with my attacks. I've had a headache, dizziness especially when I lay down like you, chills, neck pains, swollen glands, the list goes on, but they all go away when I'm distracted. When I think about all of the problems, I start feeling as though I'm a zombie too. Anxiety can really mess with you mind. I suspect that you are experiencing anxiety, and if the results come out negative for anything, then that will be a reassurement. I hope that everything works out. Until you find out the results, do something you enjoy and get your mind off the pains.
    • Posted

Your message was very soothing. I was emailed my test results earlier there all negative :-(... it's reassurance but now I feel like a mental case :-(... will I ever feel better again?
    • Posted

Thank goodness. I'm happy for you. I promise you that you will feel better. I know all you can see is darkness, but the light will come when you least expect it. Just keep working on taking your mind elsewhere. Find what you love and focus on it. Focus on what you want your future to be like, and somehow you'll get there. The easiest way is not breathing methods, it's distraction. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    • Posted

Thank you so so much. You truly have made me feel a little better. It's also nice too k ow that there is other people out there. The dr gave me hydroxycin 50mg too the thought of taking them makes me nervous though. The reviews I have read about them makes people so so out of it.... I know there's light at the end of the tunnel I just hope to find it real soon. :-)
    • Posted

You don't have to think me. I'm happy to try to help. Remember, you'll never know how you will react to the medication until you try it. If you feel comfortable taking it, and it helps, great, but if it makes you feel worse, you can always stop taking them or call your doctor. Please do keep me updated on your success, which I know you will have! smile
  • Posted

Jade u might have flu? I had it a couple of weeks ago and it made my anxiety go through the roof. Gone now though. Sadly didn't take my anxiety with it though 😥
  • Posted

Hi Jade

It sounds like anxiety I know its mad I did not believe it at first either.

Anxiety REALLY sucks

Go and see your doc and ask about options there is medication and therapy.

Exercise meditation and distracting yourself when an attacks come on helps

Stray Strongcry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.