Anxiety for years

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ever since I was very little (6 or 7) I've had Axiety problems. And they seem to come in cycles, with a different thing to be worried about each time. The cycles are getting shorter but the Anxiety isn't going away. I'll get breaks from it that sometimes lasts years, but it always comes back. When it comes, it gets so bad that I have considered talking to someone to help me. Is there anything I can do to help calm me? I don't want to have to take Anxiety Medication (we probably couldn't afford it anyway) Especially since the attacks aren't regular. So what can I do about this? Is there any way that I can deal with this? And why was I having Anxiety so young? It messed up a lot of things in my life and I have missed some good opportunities.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

In my case i make a self reflexion and consider the things im are worried about . is it health? Family? Work? School? and meditate about those things and realize that most of the time im excesively worring about situations. I suffer from generalized anxiety and until today im still coping with it. Im 29 years old. do you have any relative you can talk with? It s hard to open up to someone about this but it is worse if we keep those things inside.
  • Posted

I've been the same as you for many years,like you I don't deal with meds,to be honest they are only intended to be for short term use,I don't see the point. Talking to a therapist is a good idea, i go now and again for periods to see a theepai and it works well
  • Posted

Strep throat as a child could have given you PANDAS, but i dont know the deal with that and or the cure rate. If it leaves you with anxiety or ocd by now they just have to treat it the way they do for everyone else. The only other thing it could be is related to your hormones.a blood test would note that.
  • Posted

Anxiety can be inherited, through your genes.  Possibly you had traumatic history while growing up?  Verbally abusive parent, family member?  One of the best things you can do, since you don't want to take medications is get either get counseling, or search online about CBT.  It teaches people ways of changing their negative thinking, anxious thinking.  Another thing I recommend is guided meditations.  You can search online for them, an they are free.  Youtube has quite a few.  If you have an mp3 player, smart phone download one and go find a quiet comfortable spot to listen to it.  Hope this helps some.
  • Posted

feeling of anxiety are horrible. In my case i have learnt to recognize the symtopns and get treated right away by my doctor. At first i was embarrassed to visit a psyquiatrist but over the time i have accepted the idea that i have a condition and that those professionals exist to help people like us.dont feel weird when reaching out for help. It is in our nature to want to live in peace.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.