Anxiety, forgetfulness & skin going feral, anyone else???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all going ok? I've been not too bad but my memory is really started to let me down, I kind of have this brain fog where I go to do something that I have done heaps of times before and I kind of forget how to do things, for example: I was putting the vacuum cleaner away in the cupboard, it goes in a certain way so that the door closes, I must have spent 5-10 mins trying to get the damn vacuum cleaner in that cupboard, could I get the door to close.... NO! Told my hubby I couldn't close the door, he got the s***s big time and took the cleaner out and put it in the right way....he then turned to me and said I was making excuses forbidden not putting the cleaner away properly....my anxiety started to flare up as I once again explained the I had a complete brain fog/ memory lapse, seriously I still don't think he gets it! Whenever he asks me if I remember something he has said, my anxiety goes through the roof....on top of all that my face has gone feral with acne again, I'm nearly 53 for goodness sake!! Is this all going to stop soon & have any of you ladies gone or going through similar?

Take care everyone

Anna 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ana we all have moments like this me personally don't have acne and yes I forget thinks but I try to no give more credit than it deserves because this happen when you have too many things in your mind and is what happen to me. Menopause is a b***h and anxiety make us feel and act in a way that we never did before. Are you taking any HRT or any anxiety medicine? 

My b***h in this ride is anxy is hard to control and thanks to this blog I have a place to vent 

• Posted

Hi Marcia,

Thanks for your reply. I'm currently taking St Johns Wort for the anxiety, I don't want to go on full non herbal medication at the moment. I love this site as I am able to say exactly how I'm feeling and know that I'm not alone on this roller coaster ride from hell!

• Posted

I've had forgetfulness and it's frightening. Haven't had acne yet, but I'm not going to rule it out at this point. In fact I'm not even going to rule out that at any moment an alien is going to pop out of my stomach at any moment. Not to make light of this but sometimes sarcasm is all I can do or cry. The anxiety for me is through the roof lately and if I could get away from me I would. Sorry to hear about your latest issue about the vacuum, but look at it this way at least you got out of bed and became productive! That alone can be a chore at times. Way to go girl!!!

• Posted

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your reply. I don't think I've ever thought of an alien popping out of my stomach as yet but there again nothing would surprise me lol.  I know what it is like to struggle out of bed as I suffered greatly with depression many years ago(before Peri) I was at the point where I didn't go out of the house for 3 weeks, didn't shower, slept all the time. Although with Peri I do get depressed I make myself get up and do things plus I have thrown myself into getting healthy, walking more as I don't want to go back to the bad depression period of my life.

Take care x

• Posted

Yes. I have anxiety, forgetfulness & acne. I have had acne sometimes that is worse than when I was a teenager!

Teens have cystic acne and the cysts are large. In perimenopausal/ menopausal women the cysts are small, tiny. Sometimes I can get a hold of the cyst with tweezers and pull it out. It leaves a little hole but it heals up. If you can remove the actual cyst, it's like a tiny hard bead, the zit will quit coming back.

Take care

Tracy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.