Anxiety from a new job

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been suffering really bad anxiety recently ever since starting a new job! Does anyone have any tips on how I can help minimise how am I feeling?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Do you like the job? Sometims its a gut feeling you do not want to be there. If you had anxiety beforehand then its just escalating because you might feel out of your comfot zone.
    • Posted

Can you explain that. You said you enjoyed it so how do you fear messing up? You are qualified for this position correct? How old are you?
  • Posted

Lisa has a good point, Louise. ARE you in the right job? I am self-employed so I get more choice than others, and if a job isn't right for me, I resign and find another one.

You may not, of course be in that position, which isn't much comfort, if any. Keep in touch and let us know how you'e getting on - try to control the anxiety. I mean, don't let it control you. Easier said than done, but many more people will message you with better advice.                         Good luck. xx Tess

• Posted

Keep going. I find anything new gives me anxiety. The only way to beat anxiety is to push through anxiety and desensitized yourself to the situations in which make you anxious. Eventually you will have a day when that anxiety is not so heightened and it will begin to fade. Stick with it!
  • Posted

Thank you! No I'm in a brand new sector that I've never worked in before so I'm still training but I just get so worried and anxious that everything I'm doing is wrong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.