Anxiety getting bad

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, ive been a long term sufferer of anx and depression.  Lately the physical symptoms have been getting worse.  Generally anxiety never used to affect me physically but over the last year or so things have been getting worse.  I feel constricted in my throat quite a lot, or a lump appearing and staying for extended periods, just wondered how others deal with it

Thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi I get sromach ache heavy chest then it moves to my throat and I feel Im being strangled, not nice!!!!!!frown
    • Posted

its really not nice at all, and the more it happens, the more stress gets added which makes it all worse. urgh!
  • Posted

I had this anxiety symptom a few years ago! Nothing really helped alleviate it I had a few session of talking therapy and got a lot better from there, not its back but nothing to do with my throat it's now my heart going funny and stuff sad anxiety is awful I hope you start to feel better soon
  • Posted

Hi. I too have had this. Drinking some warm tea helps me. Also sometimes cool water. I hate all of these things that happen. Makes me feel like I'm going crazy. I hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

thanks Judy, sometimes strangely i find drinking feels fine as does eating, but after it it feels a bit worse.  Ive been trying a steroid nasel spray from my drs which actually seems to help a little. such a horrible collection of things goes along with anxiety
  • Posted

Dehydration and lack of sleep tend to make anxiety worse. Iw ould suggest looking into juicing. The body rapidly absorbs nutrients from it. Suppliments are great but its hard to know if yiur body breaks down the tablets ormifnthentabletsbare authentic. Supergreen drinks and juicing work. Maybe that will kick start your body back to functioning better,
  • Posted

I waggle my lower jaw around (making sure no one is watching me, of course). It doesn't produce permanent results but gives me a few minutes' respite.
  • Posted

Have you tried mindful meditation with this sensation?  If so, does it worsen or get better?  If you were to deeply relax your whole body in a comfortable place and let this constriction take its course, how does it feel afterwards?  

I have been doing this for my muscle tightness and it helps. Unfortunately, it doesn't cure my issue, possibly because I have other underlying causes. 

• Posted

For me mindfulness is absolutely garbage, I'm sure it has its place for some,but for me I find it a total waste of time
    • Posted

I hear ya, its frustrating. Maybe thats why buddhist practice it every day because its not usually a quick solution. What works for your constriction if relaxation or mindfulness doesnt alleviate anything?
    • Posted

Sadly not very much, distraction is all there is but living just to be constantly distracted is no life at all
  • Posted

Yeah distraction helps me too but doing it on purpose all the time is a sad story, I would agree. I personally believe reinforcing the mind and meditation  is the only way through. I should speak for myself since I don't practice it enough. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.