Anxiety getting out of control

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone I am 61 presenting with lower abdominal pain . Thought it might have been a water infection but isn't . My doctor has done a blood test and arranging a scan . She said the test was for Ovarian Cancer . I am now in a state of utter panic . Has anyone else presented with similar symptyms . 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I know it's hard, but try not to panic.  I was in your shoes same time last year.  The blood test is done just as a stepping stone to what the trouble could be.  It doesn't have to be cancer.  It probably isn't.  Ovarian Cancer is a rare type of cancer.  The odds are, that you do not have it. Just go one step at a time and you will see that your panic right now, although normal ( I went through it too ) will subside.  I ended up having surgery and went through some angry feelings about it, since it was my second complex ovarian cyst - but, in time, I came to accept and be glad that I went through this... it's an experience of life and I learned a lot.  Try to stay calm.  You got this!

• Posted

Can I ask you what your symptoms were Emily if that's not too personal ??

• Posted

Hello, Chris, I,ve for lower abdominal pain and have a complex septated cyst on my right ovary and had this since 2013, i recently had a lot more symptoms and problems and had an mri in nov 2016 which stated it has grown to 5cm but april 2017 my ultrasound shown solid particles in my cyst and has grown 6cm so im now scheduled to surgery in july. I have had a ca125 and ldh blood tests which came back high with a ldh of 282 which shown cell damage and tissue damage. They mentioned ovarian cancer to me as they suspect it due to the change in symptoms so they are now doing a biopsy when i go through to surgery. Try not to panic like im doing and i know its so hard as its all i think about but im trying to be positive as ovarian cancer is rare, they mentioned to me a germ cell tumour due to my ldh being high but as im only 19 im panciking so bad. Im more than happy to tell you about my symptoms if you want and feel free to ask me any questions. chin up and try not to panic x
    • Posted

Thankyou Megan it really helps to talk to other people as you feel such panic . Like you I will stay strong and positive and hope for the best not as easy as it seems . Good luck with all your procedures. Should get my blood result tomorrow but not sure what that tells you !
  • Posted

Hi Chris

Same as you abdo pain

Has a scan and blood test which is ROUTINE PROCEDURE . I am 56 . Blood was ok and scan showed cyst in right ovary . Seeing gynae weds to discuss options . They treat it as fairly important

Because of age but I bet you will find that it is a cyst . Rest assured scan and blood are the normal procedure . Best of luck

X

• Posted

Thankyou Hazel good to hear other people's experiences. Good luck for your procedure .

• Posted

Hi Hazel got my bloods back normal too so hope it's a cyst the same as you .Keep posting how you are doing .,

• Posted

Glad your bloods ok.. I had to

Have another test and he wants to see me in 2 weeks so a bit worried now .., asked was it cancer he said extremely unlikely but didn't say no

!!

• Posted

It is not personal.  smile  I had an ovarian cyst, and I knew... but when I had the ultrasound, the cyst was complex.. It also had a mural nodule... they do not like that.. One thing lead to another, and then...surgery.  I ALWAYS had problems - irregular periods and things like that.  Due to my age, we decided to remove it.. It was a hard road leading up to this surgery and afterward.  I went downhill emotionally.. I lost my first ovary (complex) at age 30 and my second...last year. I was not a big help to a lot of people here but now that I am over this experience, I can see that it is right for me to TRY and help others.  Don't be scared of cancer... odds are it is BENIGN!!!  You do what's right and move forward - take it as an experience of life. Keep posting.  The gals here are wonderful.

• Posted

Thanks Emily it must have been really hard for you but you seem to be really strong .Well done you. I have found this forum a huge comfort . Got my blood result yesterday and it's normal so just waiting for the scan .,Told it's reassuring but nothing can be ruled out until scan . Anxiety levels high but not through the roof as before.,Omwards and upwards .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.