Anxiety getting the better of me

Posted , 4 users are following.

Struggling a bit right now with this anxiety if that's wot it is. I have had a bad few days sudden dizzyspells sweaty palms chest pains and sore shoulders and arms kind of aching feeling this lasted all day yesterday and have woke up this morning feeling this way again it scares me so much. I spend each day with this constantly on my mind even when I feel good I think about when itl hit me again. I have had ecgs and blood test so they say it's not my heart but I think they have missed something of corse. I have acid reflux which probably adds to this. Does anyone else get random sudden dizzy spells just sitting doing nothing

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I think I have commented on this before to you Lynsey.

I get random dizzy spells all the time one of the main reasons I had to give up work.

Im sitting here at the moment waiting to go to a doctors appoinment and my head is spinning and I have to go and get a bus,dont know if I will make it.

I usually just have to wait and let it pass

Ive had ears etc checked all ok

It sucks

Stay strongbiggrin

• Posted

Yeah I think you have I get it under control and then it comes back and scares me so much I work part time and is often worse at work I also have a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old so I'm on the go all the time and it's so hard x
    • Posted

If you are able to work part time and care for your children you are a Superstar and should be so proud of yourself being able to manage your busy life and your anxiety! Please feel great about what you accomplish every day.  I know it is difficult, personally  I am trying to celebrate every simple victory, like making dinner and getting the kids to school on time ....I hope this will bolster my confidence in the battle against anxiety and panic attacks.

so be proud of yourself and revel in your accomplishments no matter how minor they might seem - there are many non- suffers who can not manage all that you do!!

take care of yourself - all the best xo

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply makes me feel better. Im probs the same as most people with anxiety I worry there is more wrong with me than anxiety x hope u r well x
    • Posted

I get great encouragement and advice from participating in this forum.  At times it keeps me going when I falter.  Please use all its resources to keep yourself strong and positive.  there is always someone here willing to listen and share words of wisdom and support.  Reach out whenever you need to there are many people  who have been where you are now and want to help you.
  • Posted

I also have sudden bouts if dizzyness and for me it is the thing I hate the most and does put me in a state of panic . I can be having a really good couple of days and bout of dizzyness hits me and gives me a panic attack and then I am back to all the other symptoms of anxiety , I feel sure that if the dizzy spells stopped I would feel much better have never understood why they are such a major part of anxiety 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.