Anxiety Getting Worst?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a 15 year old female who is relatively healthy and obsesses over health issues. I have been diagnosed with GAD, OCD, and Social Anxiety now for over 3 years and lately it's been getting worst. It started about last month when I had a horrible panic attack at 3am and my pulse went up to the 140 range. My heart rate continued to go up to the 130 range for around 5 days. I finally was able to get into the doctor and they did an ECG and full lab work. My heart on the ECG looked in perfect condition just beating fairly fast. My blood work came back completely normal with nothing unusual or bad in my blood. I was super relieved to know my heart was working properly and the blood work ruled out a lot of serious issues. I felt pretty good for a couple days then after a while I started getting the weird palpitations again. This time it was only at 110ish bpm. I was also getting chest pains and shortness of breath (I am also diagnosed with asthma and have had serious asthma issues in the past). I went to the doctor and they did a breathing test that showed it was indeed my asthma acting up. I'm still waiting for the daily inhaler but lately I've also noticed other things. For the past 4-5 days I've been having severe panic attacks. I'll wake up in the middle of the night out of dead sleep with my heart racing at 140bpm and shaking violently. My blood pressure through all of this is completely normal which is a good sign it's probably just my anxiety. My whole body feels drained after these attacks and I get neck and back pain which is uncomfortable (I also have bad posture as told by my doctor). My mom and other people have told me it could highly be a possibilty that I caught the flu and my anxiety is making it 100x's worst. After hanging out with my boyfriend and friend, they both felt icky and had the same general symptoms (headache, dizzy, stomach ahce, etc,) Every day I feel like I'm slowly getting better but I wish it'd hurry up and get out of my system. My doctor finally put me on Vistaril to help with my daily anxiety. Today is the first day taking it and it made me feel pretty decent for the majority of the day. I also have been taking Seroquel daily for depression and mood swings for around 5 months now. I feel really scared and alone and I finally after so long figured I'd come to a forum and see if anyone has felt any of these things before with anxiety or if any of you have techniques to calm the panic attacks. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you! rolleyes

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey there..me too more or less like you..but it's been only 6 mths for me..so I'm still not convinced its all anxiety..just out of curiosity,how does your chest pain't,back pain and neck pain feels like?cause I'm also feeling pains in the same places..
    • Posted

The chest pain I get feels like I can't breath or that my lungs are constricted. I sometimes get shooting pains in my chest as well. My neck feels like its stiff but its mainly on the right side. My back feels like it needs cracking 24/7 but when I saw my doctor, she said it was due my posture. I'll even get head tension at the back of my head from it as well. Do you have any of those feelings?
    • Posted

Wow that's sounds like my pain too..just that my chest feels more towards sore and tender. And I do get sharp shooting pains too
    • Posted

I get wrist pains too but that could be from being on my phone a lot lol.
  • Posted

Anxiety can make you feel so many negitive ways! You need to try and calm down and realize that abmbxiety can't Kill you!

Buy an E-Book on Anxiety and actually read it.

Look up breathing techniques and listen to free meditation recordings on line. Just search google. Some are only two minutes and can help!

And most important, talk to your doctor as I am not one and tell him everything that is happening with you. And be HONEST about everything, even drug use!

And yes, being sick can make your anxiety a lot worse! Because you think to much about your symtoms and turn them into way worse things!!!

God Bless!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.