Anxiety gettting worse while i sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all!

In my previous post, I've had an MRI done due to numbmess in legs and arms, still nothing back from the doc. For the last 2 days the numbness has went into the right side of my head and the numbness in my right leg is now painful when i walk. On top of that being an all day issue when i sleep i wake up very lost and scared and maybe after 5 seconds i realise where i am. I wake up alot at night and havent had a good night sleep in well i cant rememebr when. I feel like my dreams are real at times. I wake up because my arms and legs go numb to the point where i have to shake them. I work at a bank and dread going to work everyday. I know im depressed along with anxiety but its really getting to a point where i wanna give up. Its so mentally and emotionally draining. I used to be an outgoing person and just love life and its really affecting my work and friendships. I dont know what to do. I pray and pray and feel like im being punished for something. We are not perfect and i get that, but why us? why do the good people struggle to live day to day and the ones that rape and are just terrible people live their life?!! I just wanna be normal. Thats all.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Richard, i sympathize with you, i too go thru constant wondering "why me", im going to start with some therapy in hopes i can get some relief, although its rough, i would suggest speaking with a professional. Symptoms can seem like death but if you notice we are still alive and somewhat well. I at first played the macho role being a 40 year old man with 2 kids in college, but realized holding it internally got me nowhere in the past 15 years. Please seek some sort of therapy. Good luck pal

• Posted

Rodger, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to respond, I really appreciate it.

I've done therapy and the MD put me on Prozac, which really was bad. Went to the ER everyday with a pulse at 180. I cut it after 5 days. Ive talked to so many people that have it, but it just seems to make me feel better for a short period of time then its back. Again, thank you for your reply. And good luck to you too!

• Posted

It's good people because we have a conscience good people tend to worry about everything that if you're pleasing other people what people think of us if we're good enough to people like us we start the second question everything we do we tend to strive to be perfect and when we're not we will tend to punish ourselves for with just more obsessive worry. Where is in people who don't give a crap what other people think of them technically they're not bad people they usually don't have too many stresses at all because they're living to make themselves happy not everybody else around them and at the end of the day concept isn't too bad. As long as you're not a selfish self-centered mean person. Where is a funny thing if you really stop to think people only worry about negative thoughts you never worry about what if I hit the lottery tomorrow what if I meet the most amazing person of my dreams tomorrow you never sit down and worried what if people just think I'm so good looking we only worry about things that are negative. And the funniest thing is they never happen we're just wasting time spinning our wheels and stressing out over problems that do not even exist we're building those problems in our head I said a new rule for myself unless it's actually the truth something that I've made up for a beer and less I actually have a heart percent fact to guarantee its truth I know tell myself you are not allowed to worry about it unless it's happening.

• Posted

Fear not beer LOL
  • Posted

Hi Richard,

I have been having similar complaints for several years, and this week found out I have Lyme's disease. Numbness and tingling in the limbs, sleep disturbances, anxiety and depression are all part of Lyme's (among many other symtpoms).

Get yourself checked, It might be something else, but better know for sure if it's Lyme's or not, since anti-depressants won't stop the disease from getting worse over time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.