Anxiety giving me a rough time :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

I'm a 21 year old male and I'm in relatively good shape. I play sport regularly and don't smoke, drink or take drugs. For 10 years on and off now I've suffered with anxiety and at time it can be very severe. I've been to the doctors more times than I can count and they always rule out any physical illness. I am still struggling to come to terms with how all the symptoms I am suffering with are caused by anxiety. I get severe dizziness, headaches, palpitations, shakiness, blurry vision, nausea...you name it I've probably experienced it! It's getting to the point now where it's affecting my relationships and lifestyle. I've tried cbt and medication with no success. I wondered if anyone on here has experienced anything similar and could offer some advice? I'd be very grateful for anything at the moment!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have had anxiety for about 5 years with the last year being the worst. I have all the symptoms you have listed plus a horrible sense of fear.

I feel as I'm never away from my GP but no medication seems to work. I can't really offer any advice sorry as I'm looking for some aswell but can just let you know your not alone.

Hope you find something that helps.

• Posted

Hi Gillian, 

It is reassuring to know that someone out there is experiencing the same sort of symptoms as I am. I too suffer with a sense of fear and dread which often comes on by being far from home. Really sorry to hear that you are suffering too! 

• Posted

I also get that, get quite homesick. I have recently moved house about half an hour away from where I used to live and seems to have made it worse. Wish there was a cure!
  • Posted

Don't let anxiety beat your young just like me, it's all in the mind you just have to believe that more than you believe your symptoms, I'm still battling my anxiety. I remember I went to the doctor about cancer and he asked me why is the first thing that I would believe I have is cancer, I couldn't answer because I didn't know but now I know it's human nature to expect the worst. Those symptoms are killers but nothing has happened to you, and if you are stop looking up symptoms on Google it takes weeks and months for a proper diagnosis by professionals, surely four hours in front of a desk top pale in comparison. I know it's easier said than done but forget about it and replace those thoughts with positivity.
    • Posted

Cheers mate that's really good advice. Sorry to hear that you're battling anxiety too...but I think you're on to a really good point here. What you've said is exactly the way I am...the smallest thing can set me off and instantly in my head it's a heart attack or brain tumour. It'll take time but hopefully your advice will set me on the right track, thanks again pal. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.