Anxiety go away!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been off meds now for a few months after 4 years. The anxiety was quite high today which is more annoying than anything as I know my mind very well! Does anxiety ever go or will I be reminded of it occasionally?!

Some reassurance would be nice that I may never need tablets again and never feel like this again.

Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah anxiety does not go away well it hasn't for me anyway I have GAD which is the psychical side so I have chest pains dizziness dry mouth palpitations numbness in my hands and legs always feel like I'm choking but idc anymore I let my anxiety be there I won't let it beat me and neither should you your more powerful than anxiety BE POSITIVE
  • Posted

Learn mindfullness and maybe that will hold true.its going to be how well you learn to self calm that determines how bad and how long this stuff lasts. Easier  said then done.
    • Posted

True. Was just having a bad day yesterday but more positive today x
    • Posted

Look at it like a crooked road with peaks and valleys. And when or if it,occurs again just know for certain it will pass and youll be back at a peak. 
    • Posted

yup, i was having a bad day this morning and i'm feeling pretty good now.

how are you going?

• Posted

Personally I dont think it will ever go I think we have to teach ourselfs how to deal with it rather than let it take over our lives.

Easier said than done at times

Stay Strong

• Posted

I beat it for close to 5 years and it came back strong in december. it sucks, but i know how to beat it now and it just takes time.

How are you feeling now?

• Posted

I was exactly thinking this today. I have been on meds for an year now.

But I hope one fine day when I would wake up, it would be gone. Nothing is permanent. Change is the law of nature.

Take care smile

• Posted

You've done reallly well to cope so far so I say keep it up and don't give in to any more worries with medication if you are able to.

Richard

• Posted

Thanks everyone for support. It won't beat me but I would just like a break sometimes!

There are worse off people out there but glad I have joined this forum. So many helpful positive people who understand x

• Posted

No problem! We're all hear to help.

If you ever need anything, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

You are not alone.

Good luck and all the best!

smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.