anxiety going in overdrive

Posted , 5 users are following.

Iv suffered gad for 2 years and im still pushing forward to do things.my psyc has me on 40mg citalopram and 25mg chlorpromozine.i dont feel any better for it.my biggest issue at the minute is my best friends wedding tmrw...i just dnt knw how il go.i havent left my town in months and hate confined crowds.i used to b so outgoing.any tips?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

just take things one at atime ,perhaps go with someone .go to the wedding and it gets to much just leave

• Posted

Honestly If you are not feeling any better after 2 years then I believe you need to go to another doc and get a second opinion.
  • Posted

Thanx for the replies ppl.in the 2 years iv tried counselling cbt and hypnotherapy and 2 diff docs.just wish sum1 wud giv me the tools to help myself.my hubby goin wit me to weddn and my daughter flowergirl!
  • Posted

Paula, I'm so sorry that you are feeling so bad...I've been there and done that for many years...the worst thing you can do is to resort to your home, or even your home town...you MUST get out and face your fears...But first, I believe you need to tell your doctor that the meds are not working and he/she can try you on a different kind...there are all kinds of antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds out there...There is one or two that WILL work for you, believe me..Just don't give into the depression...it has a mind of it's own and will grow to horrible sizes of it's own...Please keep us informed, and Keep the Faith!!
    • Posted

Thanx carole im trying everyday im still goin to wrk even tho its really hard most days and trying to keep movin forward.so hard not to run and hide.everyone gettn fed up wit me.my mum criticizes my taking of meds at all,im 34,she thinks i can just make myself do the things.i wish i cud.im afraid il panic tmrw.i more afraid of feeling scared than anything else.iv app week after nxt with new psychiatrist dat prescribed the chlorpromazine last mnth so will c what she says.its all so exhausting!
    • Posted

Paula, I admire you for your ability and strength to keep on working....Unfortunately, my panic attacks and depression was too bad to keep working, even in a job that I loved...I was a paramedic and I saw a lot of bad things happening...not a good job for an anxious person, don't you think......just keep on keeping on, and don't be ashamed of taking the meds...that is why God allowed them to be made here on earth...you probably have clinical depression and need them...I'm proud of you, girl...
  • Posted

Hi Paula, after so long feeling like you have you deserve to see someone who is prepared to invest time into your recovery and find the right medication, getting stuck in the "system" is all too easy on what can be seen as a production line.

My suggestion is take the advantage of a new psychiatrist and tell him/her that after two years your feeling let down by the system and whilst it's not a criticism of him/her you need to find the right medication or combination to help you get well again and that your doing everything you can for yourself to get well but need the full support of the professionals.

As for mum, well her issue with meds is her issue and not one you share, I'm sure if she gets a cold she takes something, if she gets a headache she probably takes paracetamol, if she broke her wrist she'd go to A&E and do exactly as she was told so don't take any criticism.

Turning to wedding... give yourself permission to go but also to stay for as long as you feel comfortable, may be don't leave at the first signs if any anxiety as it will be unreasonable to think your going to be anxiety free, use it as an opportunity to practice your CBT and hypnotherapy and to leave anytime afterwards? 

Just goung will be a major milestone for you and something you can use as an example of your experiences, feelings and self help fir your new Psychiatrist.

Hope that helps Paula and gives you some advise and motivation. 

I sincerely hope you do go to the wedding and you must tell us all how you got on inc psychiatrist whatever the outcome as you know you will get support here.

Neil 

• Posted

Wow my 1st time ever posting and you r all an inspiration.thanks so much for all the good will and support.will keep you updated.x
  • Posted

I'm the same Paula I gave up my friends hen night tonight because I just couldn't face going and the fact it was a little further than my local, plus trying not to drink alcohol as it makes my anxiety ten times worse! But just think tomorrow you are with your hubby and little girl, if you feel you need to leave just go for a breather then return! I know how hard it is mind you but just try not to over analyse everything and enjoy the day smile
    • Posted

I missd my friends 2 hen nites!its like im listening to myself!.her sis says i can always go up to her room in the hotel.just gna try and break it into bits...chapel,journey,bar,dinner,dancing etc and just do it that way.the childs almost like an escape claus!but im also really excited so tryn to focus on that.x
  • Posted

So the weddings over!actually got on fantastically!nothing like a tired 3 year old to take ur mind off ur anxiety!was so busy lookin after my wee flowergirl i never got anxious.1 or 2 moments drivin to the venue an hr away  and a few moments in the salon that mrnin but othr than that i got on the best in years.stayed til 11pm.its really given my confidence a boost.though wudnt like to get in the habit of takin 8 immodium everytime iv an event!thnx everyone for the support really helped.xx
  • Posted

Doin so wel since the wedding.been out for lunch 3 times and a trip 30 miles away!keepin pushin...best iv been all year!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.